Passion + Vision + Integrity = Excellence
Ensure consistency and the highest ethical standards across our entire organization. Our quality assurance team drives ongoing improvement by fostering an environment of support, providing technical and specialized consultative services, and inspiring ongoing excellence.
Quality Specialist (Medical Data Mining)Location: San Francisco, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 696742 Date posted: 06/13/2018
- Supervises the daily quality activities, ensuring timely and accurate data collection, follow up of issues and quality of work.
- Develops, implements and monitors quality departments policies and procedures; ensures they are in compliance with The Joint Commission, NCQA, CME, federal, state and local requirements.
- Assists in developing and revising QA monitors to meet accreditation/regulatory standards.
- Provides reports based on timely and accurate data collection, identifies trends and monitors issues.
- Monitors the budgets, researches variances, and identifies opportunities to reduce costs.
- Coordinates and facilities staff support to various committees (e.g., quality, accreditation) which includes agenda preparation and monitoring of outstanding issues. Coaches staff and ensures their competency.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates the CME programs, credentialing and privileges for permanent or temporary physicians and allied health providers.
- Coordinates and prepares for CME, accreditation, licensing, and quality surveys/audits.
- Maintains and monitors the various quality databases which may include quality reviews, CME, credentials and privileges and provider profiles.
- Assists in preparation of educational materials and course objectives. Maintains link between medical staff affairs and quality improvement, risk management, continuing medical staff education.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in quality improvement or accreditation required.
- Bachelor's degree in a health care related field or business administration OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to perform statistical analysis.
- Current knowledge of The Joint Commission, NCQA, federal, state, & local requirements.
- Knowledge in application of adult learning theory in program development.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Previous supervisory experience recommended.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, procedure coding, data extraction, and/or healthcare experience preferred.
About QA, Ur & Case Management Careers
Careers In QA, Ur & Case Management
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the same exemplary care no matter who you are, where you are, or what your needs. But how are those standards defined, measured, and assessed? That's where our quality assurance team comes in. Implementing the action plans and initiatives that will drive successful practices, you'll work across the organization to foster the necessary education, communication, and innovation that will enable us to operate as one KP — with our mission and goals in complete alignment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.