Supporting Total Health
Good nutrition is vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health through good nutrition when you join our team.
Registered Dietitian I - Grade 30Location: San Francisco, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 809451 Date posted: 11/19/2019
- Provides comprehensive nutritional care, which is customer focused & cost effective, while maintaining high quality service standards, to our members.
- Provides nutritional screening & assessment of patients for appropriate nutrition intervention.
- In accordance with physician orders, develop individualized nutrition care plans based on patient's age, sex, diagnosis, cultural background, pain level, preferences, & religious practices.
- Conducts audits &/or menu reviews, & ensures patient menus or supplemental feedings meet nutritional requirements & physician's orders for individual patients to include size, age, gender, cultural backgrounds, preferences, diagnosis, pain level, & religious practices.
- Develops meal plans to meet the member's lifestyle.
- Documents in the medical records as appropriate.
- Coordinates activities w/ the food service department to insure quality & accuracy of the food served to the patients.
- Monitors the accuracy of the tray related to the MNT or diet order according to diet manual.
- Checks for quality of product & is responsible for corrections & quality follow-up w/ manager/supervisor, staff, or vendor.
- Writes assessments, implements nutritional care plans, & follows the care & progress of the patients per protocol.
- Participate in the design, development & implementation of high quality, cost effective food & clinical nutrition programs, policies & practices in the medical center, & ensure compliance w/ administrative, legal & regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development, implementation & maintenance of nutrition care, & service standards.
- Participates in the development & implementation of quality, service & performance improvement processes related to the delivery of clinical nutrition services.
- Contributes to the overall cost structure & service improvement goals of the Service Area.
- Conducts quality assurance audits & participates in committees & meetings to receive & report information.
- Assists in compiling audit information & standard setting.
- Provide feedback to Division Food & Clinical Nutrition Services staff or menu modifications & revision.
- Provides input to the budget process.
- May provide in-service training to staff.
- Participates in the organizations quality program.
- Helps identify risk factors and establish performance targets & goals.
- Performs quality audits, reviews work, & assists others to improve performance.
- Performs other related duties as necessary
- May mentor, assist, review, assign, correct, organize and/or coordinate the work of new employees, students, Nutrition Aides, Nutrition Clerks, Nutrition Assistants and Diet Technician Registered but does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local regulations, and The Joint Commission requirements.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills required.
- Collaboration and problem solving skills required.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also, refer to position specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Whether you're supporting the health of our members, employees, or communities, the work you do supports our proactive approach to health. Opportunities exist in outpatient and inpatient care, health education, menu planning, food preparation, and more. In many of these roles, you may find yourself counseling members and community groups on their nutritional practices and educating them on how the right diet can help prevent disease and promote health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.