Compliance, Privacy & Regulatory
Putting Integrity Into Practice
Promoting honesty and integrity across our daily actions and interactions, our compliance, privacy, and regulatory professionals provide the guidance and resources to uphold the highest ethical standards.
Senior Compliance Consultant_ San FranciscoLocation: San Francisco, CA Job Number: 923599 Date posted: 11/20/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Project Planning: Identifies accountabilities for local /regional compliance program and consulting staff. Develops Compliancework and Audit plans.
- Collaborates in the development and completion of annual risk assessments.
- Takes complex ideas and input to develop/create project plans&strategies in support of established approach, goals,and time frames.
- Participates on and may establish compliance related committees/work groups to cultivate and reinforce appropriate group values, norms and behaviors.
- Leads compliance-related projects. Identifies&manages internal/external resources and agency relationships.
- Investigations: Performs routine and non-activities utilizing various compliance tools, databases and software applications.
- Performs complex analyses to identify potential compliance issues and areas of compliance requirements.
- Collaborates with other functional areas in investigating potential compliance issues.
- Develops investigation project plans. Independently or in collaboration, conducts fact finding interviews and summarizes investigational findings and recommendations.
- Collaborates with clients to determine simple corrective action plans appropriate to substantiated allegations and investigation findings.
- Validation: Participates and may lead in audits on scope of practice, licensing, site of service and other identified areas at risk for compliance violations.
- Consults in the development of Corrective Action Plans for identified compliance risk, monitors completion and periodically validates operational sustainability.
- Reviews compliance programs and content, including designing and conducting risk assessments and/or audits, and investigating instances of reported non-compliance.
- Assists with determining impacts of implementation of new regulations and statutes and required notifications, changes, and training.
- Communicates required changes, develops tools to assess risks, and leverages existing workgroups/etc. to facilitate required changes.
- Researches and stays abreast of regulations and statutes exhibiting extensive knowledge on a wide variety of clinical and non-clinical compliance issues.
- Implementation: Identifies and implements OIG compliance requirements; conducting related analyses.
- Assesses and synthesizes complex information to develop new solutions to existing alternatives.
- Creates, develops and revises basic and complex compliance standards, policies and procedures, including but not limited to privacy and security, fraud, waste and abuse, non-retaliation, disciplinary action, vendor relations etc.
- Monitors compliance adherence, reporting results to all levels of the organization.
- Influences management and staff to ensure compliance and reporting on compliance efforts and programs.
- Develops and/or conducts compliance and ethics training.
- Minimum five (5) years of heath care compliance, health care operations (quality, risk, etc.), audit, finance, project management, regulatory or public policy development, investigations, information security, or insurance/health plan governance experience.
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Thorough knowledge of compliance principles, theories, and concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of health care compliance policies, programs, practices, systems, related compliance issues.
- Thorough knowledge of the elements of an effective Ethics and Compliance program and broad knowledge of health care industry practices and standards including both federal, state regulations and accreditation standards.
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication, meeting facilitation, presentations, analysis, collaboration, project management, decision making and stewardship.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in health care administration, business administration, finance, economics, operations research, public health or other health care related field preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Compliance, Privacy & Regulatory Careers
Compliance, Privacy & Regulatory Careers
We've established a comprehensive, world-class compliance, privacy, and regulatory program, giving you the chance to make a difference in the lives of millions. As a member of this team, you'll engage with internal stakeholders to foster an environment of safety and trust for our members, physicians, and employees alike.
Helping to establish and maintain an effective compliance program, you'll ensure that we operate according to the highest ethical standards and follow all applicable laws, standards, policies, and procedures. Everything we do — from developing policies and training to protecting privacy and security — reinforces our commitment to our members, regulators, and the communities we serve.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!