The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Staff Nurse II Operating Room 40 DayLocation: San Francisco, CA Job Number: 702910 Date posted: 06/13/2018
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care that is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team members.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate measures.
- Documents patient care and unit activities in a timely, accurate, and concise manner.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified within the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge base and actions in the care of a designated patient population.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and Department of Nursing personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and Department Performance Improvement activities as directed.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care team members.
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families. Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
- Ability to navigate in a windows environment, utilizing a mouse and the ability to learn electronic medical record system application.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- This job motivates and provides work direction (direct, check, review, assign, organize and coordination) to LVN's, Nurse Attendants, unit assistants, etc., but does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.