The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Care Without Delay DirectorLocation: San Jose, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 849885 Date posted: 12/31/2019
Plans, organizes, directs, evaluates and coordinates inpatient-nursing services within a service line. Collaborates with KFHP/H and the Medical Group staff in the development and execution of strategic plans, providing quality care, and managing cost-effective services which are aligned with federal, state, and local regulations. Responsible for achieving the strategic vision for nursing in their assigned areas of accountability. Responsible for the quality of nursing care and services to patients in their assigned areas of responsibility. Accountable for the following areas dependent upon medical center beds and services offered: Adult Services: Med Surg, Dialysis, Clinical Dietician, Critical Care, TCU, RT, ED if applicable. Maternal Child Health: Labor & Delivery, Pediatrics, PICU, NICU, Maternity, and Normal Newborns (may be combined with Perioperative). Perioperative: OR, PACU, Central Sterile, Ambulatory Surgery Centers (may be combined with MCH).Maintains key Relationships with Clinical and Administrative Director peers, Chiefs of Service, other dpmt directors reporting to Assistant Administrators for clinical and operations, regional PCS, AMGAs, community peers.
- Collaborates with CNO and other medical center management in identifying and implementing innovative models and best practices with an emphasis on quality of care, service improvements and cost reduction.
- With TPMG partner, directs development and implementation of quality and utilization standards across the continuum of care to ensure coordinated plans of treatment, patient focused delivery of services and cost effective utilization of necessary services. Builds trust with the nursing team through visibility.
- Coordinates with TPMG to provide for the seamless transition of patients across the continuum of care. Establishes partnerships with facility leadership groups. In collaboration with medical staff and facility leadership ensures a superior care experience and a safe environment with patients and staff. Ensures policies, practices, and procedures comply with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of the Health Plan contract and governmental and accrediting agencies.
- Provides clinical and professional oversight for areas of accountability.
- Assures successful implementation of organizational strategies such as Hospital Efficiency, Work Place Safety, Supply Cost Initiative including OR Back-log, Patient satisfaction.
- Through the hiring, retention, and development of internal staff in areas of accountability, achieves staffing ratios and optimal patient outcomes with minimal dependence on premium pay (overtime and registry/traveler staff).
- Mentors nursing managers in development of leadership skills, fiscally accountable staffing/scheduling practices, professional development of staff, and outcomes based practice.
- Oversees the development of department standards as identified by regulatory agencies including policies and procedures.
- Develops services that achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with emphasis on customer service, highest standards of quality and innovation.
- Maintains a state of continuous regulatory readiness.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues.
- Enhances nursing practice and patient outcomes through the effective use of clinical practice and GRASP committees.
- Participates in developing the hospital's plan for the recruitment and retention of nursing resources to ensure that a sufficient number of qualified staff members are available to meet the needs of the patients.
- Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes and the delivery of patient care and member services.
- Accesses KP Health Connect to evaluate the quality of care provided. Uses KP Health Connect to manage clinical operations. Monitors quality, appropriateness, and accuracy of KP Health Connect documentation. Maintains role specific KP Health Connect competencies.
- Directs the budget and resource allocations for designated departments. Manages the financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care and services.
- Communicates effectively as hospital's advocate to members of the community, continually seeking ways to improve and promote the public relations objective of the hospital and marketing services.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum eight (8) years of nursing experience in patient care.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience required.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in health care related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and manage through influence and change.
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations such as: Knox-Keene Act, Federal HMO Act, Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and all applicable Medicare and Medi-Cal regulations.
- Proven ability to deliver results for meeting organizational objectives
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in nursing, health care, public administration, or business administration preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.