CRNA - San Jose - Full-timeSan Jose, California
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
CRNA - San Jose - Full-time
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Selects and administers intravenous, spinal and other anesthetics prior to and during surgical or medical procedures, as a member of the anesthesia care team and in accordance with Kaiser Permanente policies and procedures. Monitors patient reactions and vital signs during and after anesthesia and takes remedial action when warranted. Submits postoperative report on patient condition, and maintains records of anesthetics administered. Performs procedures outside of the OR, in accordance with KP policies and procedures, established competency, and MD order.
- Conducts and/or reviews anesthetic evaluation of patients prior to surgical proceedings, deliveries or other pertinent medical procedures in hospital setting; consults with anesthesiologists and/or surgeons.
- Reviews patients charts, including permits, pre-operative medications, lab work, and any other significant variations, such as hearing aids, dentures, contact lenses, or other prostheses, in accordance with KPs policies and procedures and the departmental policy.
- Evaluates patients to identify apparent difficulties with airway control, etc. Ensures that all pre-anesthesia evaluations are documented thoroughly according to policies and standards.
- Explains tests, procedures and disease processes to patients and their family as indicated; explains the major anesthetic risks to patients as requested and documents that the risks are explained to patients.
- Develops the care regimen of assigned patients; reviews the care regimen with the supervising physician and gains concurrence; implements the anesthesia plan; starts IV solution, administers selected anesthetic, choice of anesthetic consistent with patient safety, surgical need, possible post operative complications, and patients history and conditions. and evaluates and manages the patient, according to departmental policy.
- Participates with post anesthesia care unit personnel in a patient safety oriented interface when patients are transferred from the surgery suite.
- Monitors patients vital signs, such as blood pressure and observes any significant physical changes; informs anesthesiologist and/or surgeon of patients condition and takes any necessary remedial action such as infant resuscitation when necessary.
- Mixes solutions to required concentrations, such as pentothal, succinylcholine, vaso-active drugs etc.
- Keeps current accurate and complete record of procedures performed and patients conditions immediately prior to the administration of anesthesia according to established standards.
- Performs procedures done outside of OR, such as intubation, arterial line placement, etc., in accordance with policies and procedures, competencies, and physician order. Charts details of procedures done on progress notes.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program. Graduate of an accredited school of anesthesia by date of hire. High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (California) required at hire
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Demonstrated understanding of all regulatory requirements and legal consequences of anesthesia care.
- Proven ability to exercise professional prerogatives based on sound clinical judgment.
- Demonstrated track record of following the precautionary and preventive measures in giving patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and have proven communications and listening skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in interpersonal relations, customer service, adaptability and change management.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Must be eligible for Medicare/Medi-Cal enrollment. Medicare enrollment requires current certification by one of the following organizations: Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists or the Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.