Explore Your Future
With powerful technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient experience.
Director Clinical Diagnostic Molecular Genetics LabLocation: San Jose, CA Job Number: 905018 Date posted: 09/21/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Ensures appropriate testing and proper reporting of all laboratory specimens.
- Directs, hires, and trains the laboratory staff, monitors competency and develops inservices for professional growth and certification.
- Develops, implements, maintains, and evaluates technical laboratory policies and procedures, quality control, and quality assurance programs.
- Performs case management and provides professional consultation.
- Assigns all cases, with instructions regarding testing process, reviews all test results, and interprets/reports results to providers.
- Develops, justifies, and assures efficient utilization of the laboratory budget.
- Identifies and implements measures to maintain the state of the art in molecular genetic testing in a cost effective manner, to increase accessibility, and to improve client and staff satisfaction, while improving quality of the tests.
- Researches, develops, and implements new laboratory procedures, techniques, diagnostic tests, and analytical methods for a variety of genetic disorders and sample types.
- Evaluates and recommends if new test/technique should become a laboratory standard.
- Tracks the trends and analyzes test results.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the field of genetics and provides expertise regarding changes in the area of molecular biology.
- Collaborates with providers regarding test results.
- Provides education to staff, residents, providers, and other students.
- Represents the organization in the national and international scientific community.
• Minimum two (2) years of postdoctoral laboratory experience in genetics or related field.
• Minimum four (4) years of laboratory experience in molecular genetics.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in directing a clinical genetics laboratory.
• Ph.D. and/or MD in genetics or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
• Board eligibility or certification by the American Board of Medical Genetics in Clinical Molecular Genetics.
• Must meet all State of California requirements for Director and Technical Supervisor of a licensed diagnostic molecular genetics laboratory.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations required.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Minimum four (4) peer-reviewed publications in genetics or a related field preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Laboratory Careers
Our clinical laboratory scientists, phlebotomists, and lab techs work in both outpatient clinics and hospital settings and have an opportunity to gain exposure to different areas, including chemistry, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, and the blood bank. We also operate reference laboratories, which serve as hubs for specimen processing and analysis as well as specialized testing — such as microbiology and molecular biology. Offering modern facilities, advanced equipment, and scheduling options, we provide a dynamic environment in which you'll continue to learn and grow.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!