Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
EKG Technician - Grade 445Location: San Jose, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 749539 Date posted: 12/18/2018
- Operates EKG equipment by applying lead placements to patients.
- Prepares EKG tracing for interpretation indicating the required demographic information Responds to emergency situations as necessary.
- May assist and prepare patients for the following procedures: Holter hook-up, Event monitor hook-up, Holter scanning and treadmill.
- Maintains equipment in operating order and notifies supervisor of needed repairs.
- Prepares paperwork and EKG-s for physician interpretation of inpatients and outpatients.
- Maintains files, makes copies of cardiac procedures and assists with any other paperwork as required.
- Maintains a safe and orderly work area.
- Answers telephone and relays messages.
- Schedules/reschedules patient testing procedures via eConsult and other appropriate systems.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience (of at least 1,060 hours) as an EKG Technician within the last three (3) years or recent graduate (within the last year) of a certified EKG technician program with externship (of at least 160 hours) to include Holter monitoring, event monitoring and treadmill training.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- BLS required.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Must pass medical terminology test.
- Must pass basic computer literacy test.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Completion of medical terminology course preferred.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.