Facilities Services & Materials Management
Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Gardener - Grade 280Location: San Jose, CA Job Number: 886838 Date posted: 10/29/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Moves soil, equipment, and materials; and digs holes
- Select plants, shrubs, trees and type of lawn to landscape designated areas
- Repairs landscaped areas and irrigation system
- Installs and repairs irrigation piping
- Orders and accounts for supplies, chemicals, minor miscellaneous gardening tools and fertilizer
- Operate power-driven equipment such as mower, light trucks, power aerator, sod cutter, power edger, sweeper, trencher, plant digger, power hedge cutter; rot tiller, etc. in accordance with recommended safety precautions
- Assists the Senior Gardener, as required
- Perform other related duties as necessary
- Four (4) years of related grounds keeping experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Valid California drivers license
- Knowledge of landscape designing, planning, estimating and construction of landscape
- Considerable knowledge of gardening and ground work, such as cultivating, watering, pruning, cutting and trimming lawns, trees, shrubs, weeding, raking, transplanting, spraying, sweeping parking areas, fertilizing, planting flowers, removing tree stumps
- Considerable knowledge of common trees, ornamental shrubs and plants, and lawn pests and diseases, methods, and materials used in the control and eradication
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!