Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Health Educator II - Grade 587 - (Bilingual Spanish)Location: San Jose, CA Additional Locations:
Gilroy Medical Offices 7520 Arroyo Circle, 7520 Arroyo Circle, Gilroy,California, 95020 Job Number: 717796 Date posted: 09/12/2018
- Coordinates a wide range of health education services, including establishing effective referral and publicity systems, monitoring quality and documentation, providing scheduling and logistical support, and facilitating use of community services to promote the delivery of cost-effective health education services.
- Provides direct group or one-to-one health education services to members and the public.
- Reviews, develops, and recommends high quality, culturally appropriate, written and audio-visual health education materials.
- Consults w/ physicians and staff regarding related health education services.
- Coordinates health information projects such as program catalogs, newsletter, informational displays, community health events, etc.
- Specializes in a specific area of health education (e.g. HIV, nutrition, chronic disease, health promotion) as required.
- Monitors performance of health education instructors and counselors.
- Prepares reports, grants, proposals, and documentation, as assigned.
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals and priorities.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Two (2) years experience in the field of health education.
- Previous experience in uncomplicated curriculum and materials development.
- Master's degree in Public Health, Community Health Science, or Health Promotion OR
Master's degree in a health related field, eligibility to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) examination, and successful completion of the Certified Health Education specialist (CHES) examination within twelve (12) months of hire into a Health Educator II position. For specialization - content expertise or certification required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning, group process theory and application.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of PC applications required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.