IT Support TechnicianLocation: San Jose, CA Job Number: 931539 Date posted: 01/07/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in subject area to meet deadlines; following procedures and policies, and applying data and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating with others, often cross-functionally, to solve business problems; supporting the completion of priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities when possible; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with coworkers and customers; listening, responding to, and seeking performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses; assessing and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Provides first level and basic second level support to resolve problems with products and applications by meeting customer service standards (e.g., displaying a positive attitude, actively listening, taking ownership, leveraging knowledge, communicating clearly).
- Supports troubleshooting efforts in conjunction with customer to identify routine and moderately complex problems.
- Supports efforts to analyze and prioritize incoming requests and alerts.
- Follows procedures for incident escalation and notification to leadership.
- Escalates routine problems, as necessary, to appropriate resource (e.g., support team or vendor).
- Resolves non-complex problems and attempts to resolve complex problems.
- Follows and supports the development of standard operating procedures.
- Supports tracking and documentation of details of problems, status of service requests, and resolutions.
- Supports efforts to meet key performance indicators (e.g., performance, availability, capacity).
- Supports the documentation of workarounds for problem records and changes to proactive processes.
- Reviews information (e.g., procedures, installation, configuration) related to new technology.
- Provides the knowledge repository for routine and moderately complex technical support.
- Supports the execution of disaster recovery and business continuity processes and events.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Social Science, Education, Business, Health Care or related field OR Minimum two (2) years IT experience in a support or operations environment.
- One (1) year experience working in a large matrixed organization.
- Two (2) years experience writing documentation or standard operating procedures related to IT operations and support.
- Two (2) years experience in ITRM or IT compliance.
- Two (2) years experience in IT intake and profiling in a support or operations environment.
- One (1) year experience implementing or supporting ITSM processes or services.
- Microsoft certification (e.g., A+, MCP, MCSE, etc.) related to IT support.
- CISSP or comparable certification.
- CISM or comparable certification.
- CISA or comparable certification.
- ITIL certification.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!