Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Lead Optical DispenserLocation: San Jose, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 813923 Date posted: 07/23/2019
- A Lead Dispenser will be capable of performing all the duties within their area of responsibility
- Accounts for daily cash sales activity, handles patient complaints, and enforces all safety standards
- Assists patients with service and interviews patient to determine visual needs
- Advises patient with frame and lens selection consistent with their needs
- Interprets refractionist's prescription
- Takes all facial and optical measurements, as appropriate for a proper fit
- Instructs and counsels patients on proper methods of eyeglass care
- Dispenses and adjusts optical product
- Inspects final product for accuracy in accordance with prescription requirements, original order, and ANSI 80-standards
- Reconciles patient's concerns to their satisfaction
- Performs all other dispensing functions consistent with the accepted professional practice as authorized by the California Board of Medical Examiners and organizational policies and practices
- Conducts daily inventory of frames and accessories as required
- Perform necessary shop work as required, including but not limited to cutting, edging, dyeing, and mounting of lenses
- Repair frames as required
- Recommends to branch manger improvements in sales and service
- Maintains written and verbal communication with lab as required
- Will perform customer service duties and floor coordinator duties
- Perform other related duties as necessary
- The incumbent motivates and provides direction to other employees, but does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline
- Four (4) years as an Optical Dispenser (Optician)
- High School Diploma/GED
- ABO (American Board of Optician) certification preferred
- Computer knowledge and ability to enter prescriptions into computerized system and place retail eyeglass orders
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- 50 miles travel, 25 wpm required
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment
- Refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.