Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Manager Supply ChainLocation: San Jose, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 817251 Date posted: 08/12/2019
Manages and coordinates all activities and staff related to procurement and supply services at a specific site, including local purchasing, distribution, inventory control, printing and duplication services, mail distribution and courier services. Ensures site compliance to specific policies regarding internal controls for departmental purchasing activities to ensure optimal use of national contracts, appropriate use of purchasing channels, utilization of expert advice and internal controls. Ensures effective compliance to all applicable national, state and local regulations/laws.
- Develops and implements a Medical Center asset management strategy which is supportive of financial goals, capital planning efforts and, in collaboration with Facilities Services and EH&S, the Safe Medical Device Act.
- Ensures the efficient implementation of all process standards and role changes to effectively run the site supply chain and ensure strong SOX and other regulatory compliance.
- Builds and manages a distribution network, in conjunction with National Warehousing & Logistics, that allows for minimal inventory requirements and high inventory turnover to minimize obsolescence or expiration as well as high service levels; ensure PAR levels are maintained and adhered to.
- Develops strong collaborative leadership relationships with KFHP/H and Med Group teams to achieve local goals and ensure high customer service interactions.
- Develops and implements, in conjunction with local Facilities Services & EH&S, an asset management strategy that delivers customer requirements, meets financial goals, and aligns with capital planning strategies.
- Provides leadership and direction to the Medical Center supply chain personnel including hiring, terminating, reward and recognition, performance reviews, development plans, and corrective action as needed for represented and non-represented personnel.
- Identifies and recommends cost reduction and value enhancing opportunities to local management including the Local and Regional Product Councils, site department heads, etc to assist the site in meeting its overall budget and operational goals.
- Develops, monitors and accounts for variances in the supply chain department budget. Prepares monthly/quarterly budget performance reports.
- Identifies sourcing/contracting opportunities for service improvements and/or product/practice standardization opportunities to local, regional and national sourcing teams.
- Ensures compliance with all pertinent state and federal regulations.
- Three (3) years of management experience, including managing/leading union represented staff, non-union non-exempt and exempt employees.
- Two (2) years of budget responsibility.
- Four (4) years of supply chain experience including purchasing, inventory management, distribution operations and procurement.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, operations research, engineering, supply chain, economics or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field (in addition to years' experience as outlined under the minimum work experience) in lieu of bachelor's degree required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in team building and conflict resolution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, having experience communicating across diverse populations andemployee levels.
- Must be able to work in Labor/Management partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years of process improvement experience utilizing Lean Six Sigma methodologies or similar.
- Minimum two (2) years of Project Management and/or Consulting level experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with federal, state and local regulations including Title 22, The Joint Commission, CMS or similar regulatory agencies.
- Minimum three (3) years of working in a retail, manufacturing, or health care environment preferred.
- Professional certification such as Certified Logistics Management (CLM) or Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) preferred.
- Current Six Sigma certification preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.