Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Medical Assistant - Grade 180Location: San Jose, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 791899 Date posted: 06/07/2019
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and other pertinent information as required by department.
- Records information in patients' medical record.
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination.
- Assists clinician with care of the patient.
- Handles inventories and orders and replenishes medical supplies and materials.
- Gives treatments and performs routine laboratory tests as required by department.
- Schedules appointments, performs clinical tasks and completes appropriate forms as required by department.
- May be responsible for administering medications, including injections.
- May be responsible for cleaning, processing, sterilizing and checking instruments.
- Performs data entry.
- Performs clinical/technical skills specific to the department.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Customer Service: Practices customer service standards as defined by the Medical Center and specified department.
- Anticipates the customer's needs, takes proactive steps to meet those needs, by listening and taking responsibility within scope to ensure issues are resolved.
- Promptly responds to alarms and patient requests.
- Facilitates the customer's ability to utilize resources.
- Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
- Team Commitment: Is an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Manages difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions.
- Acts as a resource and mentor to new employees, students, and other team members.
- Actively participates in departmental professional development activities.
- Adheres to Attendance Policy.
- Supports a collaborative labor-management partnership environment.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of a course of study consistent with the requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical Board of California.
- BLS certification.
- Medical Terminology Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Ability to use personal computer.
- Ability to read, writes, and comprehends medical information.
- Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and written.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.