Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
Operating Room Scheduling Clerk - Grade 6Location: San Jose, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 805599 Date posted: 08/21/2019
Responsible for surgery
scheduling in perioperative settings. The OR Scheduling Clerk must be efficient
and effectively use the resources surrounding operative events by accurate and
timely scheduling of cases, personnel and materials according to policies,
procedures and guidelines. The OR Scheduling Clerk must review perioperative
data to identify and gross inaccuracies and missing data elements.
- Maximize operating
room utilization by appropriately booking the right type of surgery cases by
priority and length of time using case management software.
- Create, move, cancel, and reschedule cases for multiple service lines as
needed; keep surgery schedule and wait list updated daily, adhering to the
local turnaround policy and guidelines.
- Perform specific operating room scheduling functions using current computer
systems and software.
- Manage/edit case depot as needed.
- Communicate changes to the appropriate personnel and other departments.
- Utilize protocols to determine and communicate proper patient prep, including
utilizing appropriate systems to check patient record and coordinate necessary
lab tests and Rx, inform of cost share obligations, identify/document any
medication allergies and conduct screening questionnaires.
- Independently problem-solve issues and maintain detailed records and
statistics. Submit monthly statistical reports on Excel.
- Provide assistance to surgical patients by coordinating their surgical dates;
write letters to members concerning surgery issues as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum two (2) years Surgery Scheduling in either OR or Clinic setting
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Completion of basic anatomy/physiology class as it relates to surgical pre-
and post-operative diagnoses and procedures or equivalent experience
- Completion of medical terminology class or equivalent experience (must pass
medical terminology test)
- Knowledge of surgical supplies and equipment
- Demonstrates and communicates a service-oriented approach to all customers
- Basic PC skills (must pass PC skills test)
- Must have spreadsheet skills and word processing skills (Microsoft Word and
- Knowledge of office equipment (fax machine, copier, scanner)
- Ability to clearly speak, read, write and thoroughly understand English, as
well as demonstrate strong non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and willingness follow policies and procedures
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment
Skills Testing*: Medical Terminology, PC skills Test (able
to pass PC skills assessment), Microsoft Word (Basic), Microsoft Excel (Basic).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
From greeting callers and visitors and answering questions to coordinating schedules and arranging meetings, our administrative, clerical, and support teams consistently demonstrate extraordinary knowledge, skills, and abilities. They provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, our members, purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.