Senior Obstetrical Technician
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
• Directs and checks the work of other Obstetrical Technicians.
• Participates in the orientation and training of Obstetrical Technicians new to the department.
• Checks labor rooms and delivery rooms for adequate well functioning equipment and supplies.
• Tracks preventive maintenance on equipment and expiration dates of supplies.
• Sets up emergency equipment.
• Welcomes patients to the unit and escorts them to the appropriate room.
• Obtains Kaiser Card and photo ID from patient.
• Makes temporary patient ID bracelet.
• Transports patients to delivery room, Cesarean delivery room, ultrasound or post partum, when indicated.
• Checks testing schedule and pull charts.
• Insures proper and adequate supply of packs.
• Sets up sterile delivery table and baby unit for delivery.
• Opens packs and sets-up for Cesarean delivery.
• Scrubs for c-sections.
• Assists RN when patient is in the recovery room, delivery room and Cesarean delivery room.
• Files monitor strips in envelopes.
• Washes instruments and places on central supply cart for sterilizing.
• Transports specimens to lab.
• Keeps utility room and supply rooms neat and well organized.
• Answers lights and telephone.
• Performs other related duties as necessary.
• This job motivates and provides work direction to other employees, but does not have the authority to hire, terminate, discipline or give performance evaluations.
- Two (2) years experience as an Obstetrical Technician plus the demonstrated ability to perform and under general supervision frequently do perform the most complex techniques and procedures of the classification in accordance w/ the specifications set by the department head.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- BLS certification.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- The senior level classification for Obstetrical Technician shall apply only to Obstetrical Technicians assigned by the Employer to direct and check the work of one (1) or more Obstetrical Technicians.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Refer to the position specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest