Senior Physician Assistant - General Surgery
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
*****SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE*****
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as imaging studies, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Performs other department specific diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance and other relevant patient education.
- Facilitate admissions, transfers, discharges.
- First assist in surgeries or perform procedures as applicable.
- Round on inpatients.
- Performs admission evaluation on patients to include: obtaining basic medical information and history, reviewing patient's medical record, performing physical exam, documenting findings into patient medical record, and reporting deviations from normal findings to attending physician.
- Provides patient and family with pre-operative/pre-procedure and other pertinent education.
- Answers questions regarding surgery or procedures, recovery and risk factor modification; provides blood transfusion information as applicable; performs peri-operative procedures; locates and utilizes diagnostic images, instruments and pertinent patient information.
- Reviews patient chart noting allergies, pertinent medical history, and abnormal physical findings.
- Assists in performing surgical procedures and other procedures consistent with the standards of care and practice guidelines.
- Depending on the specialty, may work as the First Assist during surgical procedures, start IV's, and/or perform suturing.
- Performs post-operative procedures to include entering standard post-operative orders into patient medical records; assists physicians with evaluation and management of patient's status during recovery; reviews vital signs, laboratory and diagnostic studies; assists with management of patients.
- Facilitates patient discharge; dictates discharge and transfer summaries in a timely manner.
- The Senior Physician Assistant provides a high level of clinical and operational expertise and may function as a mentor to less experienced Physician Assistants.
- May collaborate with the supervising physician, manager and other department members on performance improvement activities.