Strength is Relative. Potential is Infinite.
Help your patients achieve their goals while realizing those of your own. Working alongside clinical experts and physicians, you'll have the freedom, resources, and support you need to develop innovative care plans and improve your patients' quality of life.
Site Supervisor Respiratory CareLocation: San Jose, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 788789 Date posted: 04/12/2019
- Assists in coordinating Plans of Treatment and customer focused delivery of services.
- Ensures all patient care is in compliance with administrative, legal, and regulatory requirements and follows established policies and procedures.
- Works with Site Pulmonary Clinical Services Manager and other health care providers to develop, implement, and provide efficient patient/pulmonary care services and outcomes.
- Identifies and recommends best practice models.
- Assists in developing, implementing, and evaluating standards of practice, to improve quality and service to members.
- Assists in meeting short and long term financial goals by continually planning, developing, monitoring, adjusting and evaluating annual budgets.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs, while maintaining quality of services.
- Supervises staff, ensuring all are fully competent in providing the highest quality of care to members.
- Assists in determining appropriate staffing to maintain the service levels.
- Assists in developing programs and presents in-service programs to pulmonary staff.
- Supervises daily unit operations, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in respiratory care, in a multi-faceted health care system, multi- service provider setting or academic setting required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered RRT Therapist and current State Respiratory Care Practitioner license required.
- Knowledge of budgeting, staffing, systems, quality improvement, and clinical care delivery in an inpatient setting.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree in respiratory care, health care administration, nursing, business administration OR four (4) years of equivalent experience in related field.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Rehab Services Careers
Rehab Services Careers
In an effort to increase our collective knowledge and deliver higher-quality, more informed care, we encourage dialogue and collaboration across the care delivery spectrum. Our rehab department includes professionals in audiology, respiratory care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, and much more.
In addition to inpatient and outpatient opportunities, we also offer home health opportunities, affording you the chance to improve patient outcomes in the home care setting. With outstanding educational opportunities and modern equipment and technology, you'll actively participate in your patients' journey to wellness while continually elevating your own expertise.
Physical And Occupational Therapists
Kaiser Permanente offers full-time, part-time, per diem, and in-house registry opportunities in a variety of practice settings, including home health, inpatient, and outpatient. Additional opportunities include occupational therapist, physical therapist, and licensed physical therapist assistant.
At Kaiser Permanente, Respiratory Care Practitioners are an integral part of our respected health care team. They are responsible for developing patient treatment plans and have the opportunity to work in a variety of exciting and challenging areas from adult critical care to cardiology to high-risk delivery. Our Respiratory Care Practitioners have the advantage of computerized state-of-the-art equipment, including life support systems, arterial blood gas analyzers, and non-invasive monitors.
Kaiser Permanente's speech pathologists provide direct patient care to members with communication and swallowing disorders by evaluating, diagnosing, developing, and implementing therapy and treatment programs.
Our audiology professionals are a vital part of our rehab care team. They provide direction, counseling, and recommendations regarding the rehabilitation of hearing impaired patients.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.