The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Staff Charge Nurse II - EmergencyLocation: San Jose, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 759841 Date posted: 01/07/2019
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies & Procedures & Principles of Responsibilities. Ensures provision of care is consistent w/ EMTALA, Nurse Practice Act, Title 22 & other applicable regulations & laws, including patient confidentiality & risk mgmt.
- Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegate tasks appropriately, & demonstrates appropriate accountability. Must be charge over five (5) or more employees, of which at least 1 must be another Registered Nurse, unless this requirement is waived by the employer.
- Leads & directs others through the change process.
- Coordinates duties of health care team members. Prioritizes, delegates, & supervises work assignments appropriately.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by all health care team members.
- Maintains knowledge of Emergency Dept functions in a disaster scenario.
- Maintains all required licenses, certifications & professional development/continuing education requirements per dept & facility standards.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Provides competent Emergency nursing care, for all ages, acuities & conditions in the population the facility serves.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, & documenting events.
- Works within scope of practice, including standardized procedures, & communicates clearly w/ all members of healthcare team.
- Proficient in emergency responses such as resuscitation! codes, hazmat response, & emergency childbirth.
- Provides care consistent w/ National Patient Safety Goals, medication safety procedures & other standards adopted by the facility to ensure patient safety.
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs & available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment, & supplies.
- Completes duties w/ regard to safety practices & policies, including infection control, workplace safety, & mgmt of aggressive behaviors.
- Proficient in the use of computers in documentation, tracking, conveying information.
- Documents patient care in a timely, accurate, & concise manner. Documentation reflects nursing process including reassessments in evaluating effectiveness of care.
- As leader, keeps current on new relevant information related to electronic records, including downtime procedures.
- Assures that all call lights, alarms, & patient requests are promptly answered.
- Ensures timeliness of care of ED patients.
- Facilitates ED provision of care efficiencies & throughput.
- Maintains & protects patient confidentiality.
- Assures a clean, orderly, & functional work environment.
- This job motivates & provides work direction (direct, check, review, assign, organize & coordination) to LVN's, ED Technicians, unit assistants, etc., but does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline.
- One year of recent (within the last three years) experience as a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program & completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student clinical experience. OR Graduate of registered nursing program & either: 1)2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care & has worked 2000 hours as a licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation.
- Successful completion of, or enrollment leading to successful completion of, the KP Emergency Nursing Course w/ preceptorship, or equivalent training, or equivalent experience.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in California.
- BLS for health care provider required.
- Depending on the facility, TNCC or NALS may also be required for this position.
- ACLS & PALS or ENPC certification required within one year of date of hire into ED position; TNCC, if required, within one year of date of hire into ED position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers).
- Demonstrated effective written & oral communication skills (in English).
- Ability to navigate in a windows environment, utilizing a mouse & the ability to learn electronic medical record system application.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.