Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under the direction of the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer, performs activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in medical center facility. Under limited supervision, ensures efficient and reliable operation of all machinery, including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, heating and air conditioning systems within the Medical Center.
- Under general supervision, performs tasks in support of physical plant equipment/systems and operations, including life support and life safety equipment. May be required to work in emergency situations during off hours and on weekend shifts. Performs inspections and adjustments of equipment. Reads and interprets blueprints, specifications, operation and maintenance manuals and other documents to determine proper operation. Troubleshoots and problem solve under normal and abnormal situations. Operates, adjusts and analyzes various pieces of physical plant equipment through use of computers and microprocessor based devices. Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications. Performs other duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Driver's License (California)
- Universal Chlorofluorocarbons Certificate
- Engineering background in acute care hospital preferred.
Three years related experience and/or training. Competency to operate microprocessor based devices. Capable of performing maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of HVAC equipment (including chillers and boilers), electrical distribution, and operating room equipment. Must possess a working knowledge of medical gas distribution and alarm systems, water treatment, steam systems, refrigeration, compressors, pumps, electric motors, and variable frequency drives. Journeyman level field service experience in industrial electrical and/or refrigeration. Understanding of preventive maintenance and work order system, preferably MP2. Working knowledge and ability to perform duties of all trade classifications including electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization. Ability to regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest