Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Supervisor Materials DistributionLocation: San Jose, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 817302 Date posted: 08/12/2019
- Supervises and tracks material management operations and services that are complimentary to the Service Area strategy.
- Supervises material management staff, providing support and on-going education for growth and development of staff.
- Identifies opportunities for service improvements, cost reductions and product standardization, conducting research in support of such efforts.
- Takes a lead role in the development and maintenance of the materials purchasing strategy that is consistent with the overall national sourcing strategy to ensure KP receives the best value for dollars spent on products and services. Maintains information systems and provides data to customers.
- Supports use of OneLink for all ordering.
- Assists Director or other designee with developing systems to manage inventory across departments.
- Supervises distribution system in conjunction with the region-wide distributor and local distribution centers.
- Takes a lead in implementing operational processes to support order, delivery and replenishment of products.
- Assists in educating users on new processes.
- Analyzes and organizes key information necessary for the Materials Director or other designess to build the annual budget.
- Responds quickly to customer concerns and issues.
- Assists Director or other designee in determining needs, ordering, maintaining records, physical inventory, and storage for surplus.
- Acts as an advocate for progressive material management concepts.
- Other related Materials Management functions as necessary.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in combination of purchasing, contracting, material management, distribution or other related areas including experience with material management systems and inventory control.
- Bachelor's degree, in business administration, finance, material management, economics or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience with a variety of software applications.
- Ability to develop complex spreadsheets and write business communications.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, use time management skills and independent judgment.
- Significant knowledge of products/services and their market environment within the scope of Kaiser Permanente's procurement and logistics programs.
- Excellent communication, team building and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in combination of purchasing, contracting, material management, distribution or other.
- Previous experience in a hospital setting including supervision within materials management operations.
- Experience working in a union environment strongly preferred.
- Material Management Certification preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.