Licensed Nurses & Physician Assistants
The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Director Nursing KP Post Acute Care CenterLocation: San Leandro, CA Job Number: 904163 Date posted: 09/24/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Collaborates with other Service Directors in identifying and implementing innovative models and best practices, emphasizing service improvements and cost reduction.
- Oversees the development of department standards as identified by regulatory agencies. Develops services that achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with emphasis on customer service, highest standards of quality and innovation.
- Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes and the delivery of patient care and member services.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues.
- Directs the budget and resource allocations. Manages the financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care and services.
- May act as site administrator.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum eight (8) years of nursing experience in patient care required.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as skilled nursing facility (SNF) Director of Nursing.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- BSN OR bachelor's degree in health care related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS certificate required.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, , and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- MINIMUM 3 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AS SKILLED NURSING FACILITY (SNF) DIRECTOR OF NURSING.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!