The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
KPPAAC RN Nursing Manager (On-Call Evening)Location: San Leandro, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 795331 Date posted: 09/05/2019
Acts as anon-site administrative designee for the nursing department. Manages staff for nursing department, ensuring appropriate quality of care and compliance with regulations. Coordinates facility response to member/family complaints or concerns.
- Follows up on clinical issues.
- Coordinates facility response to member/family complaints or concerns.
- Ensures that resolution of complaints/concerns is documented in accordance with facility policy, state/federal regulations, or industry standard of practice.
- Manages daily patient care activities.
- Supervises staff.
- Ensures staff provides the highest quality of care and are performing in compliance with skilled nursing facility regulations, the Nurse Practice Act, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Monitors quality of care delivered.
- Collaborates with all departments throughout the medical center, especially when resolving member concerns/complaints.
- Inservices staff as needed.
- Acts as liaison to physicians and nurse practitioners.
- Coordinates and maintain appropriate staffing level of the assigned shift.
- Participates in developing, reviewing, and updating departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists in developing, monitoring and maintaining the budget.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to reduce costs.
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Responsible for hiring, discipline, counseling and performance appraisals for designated employees.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum four (4) years of Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) experience required.
- Minimum one (1) year of supervisory experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal written and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be available to work weekends or holidays on an as-needed basis.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of acute hospital experience preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.