Licensed Nurses & Physician Assistants
The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
KPPAAC RN Nursing Manager (On-Call)Location: San Leandro, CA Job Number: 894556 Date posted: 08/03/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Acts as anon-site administrative designee for the nursing department. Manages staff for nursing department, ensuring appropriate quality of care and compliance with regulations. Coordinates facility response to member/family complaints or concerns.
- Follows up on clinical issues.
- Coordinates facility response to member/family complaints or concerns.
- Ensures that resolution of complaints/concerns is documented in accordance with facility policy, state/federal regulations, or industry standard of practice.
- Manages daily patient care activities.
- Supervises staff.
- Ensures staff provides the highest quality of care and are performing in compliance with skilled nursing facility regulations, the Nurse Practice Act, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Monitors quality of care delivered.
- Collaborates with all departments throughout the medical center, especially when resolving member concerns/complaints.
- Inservices staff as needed.
- Acts as liaison to physicians and nurse practitioners.
- Coordinates and maintain appropriate staffing level of the assigned shift.
- Participates in developing, reviewing, and updating departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists in developing, monitoring and maintaining the budget.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to reduce costs.
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Responsible for hiring, discipline, counseling and performance appraisals for designated employees.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum four (4) years of Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) experience required.
- Minimum one (1) year of supervisory experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal written and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be available to work weekends or holidays on an as-needed basis.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of acute hospital experience preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!