Explore Your Future
With powerful technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient experience.
Medical Laboratory TechnicianLocation: San Leandro, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 707752 Date posted: 08/08/2018
- Perform phlebotomy and pre-analytic and post-analytic duties as needed.
- Requires on site supervision when performing moderate complexity tests by California licensed personnel according to California Laboratory Law and Regulations.
- Correctly verifies that the proper specimen is being analyzed for the correct patients and that the correct test is being performed.
- Judges the adequacy and qualities of specimens submitted for testing.
- Analyzes clinical laboratory specimens following the standard methods and procedures approved by the Laboratory Director or designee. Performs quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
- Utilizes test reference ranges (including neonates, pediatric and adult) to determine reasonableness of test results.
- Validates test results through correlation with test parameters (e.g. Hgb/Hct, anion gap, etc) and reviews raw data, instrument flags, and other appropriate testing parameters (e.g. dilute if results exceed linearity range) prior to reporting results according to established policy and procedures. Confirms testing on all Critical Values to ensure accuracy prior to releasing of test results according to established policy and procedures.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure. Performs and documents instrument function by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
- Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment.
- Releases or reports results per Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures.
- Trains laboratory assistants on proper techniques/procedures related to clinical laboratory practice as needed.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Provides general or direct supervision of Lab Assistants and general clerical personnel as required according to lab law and regulations.
- Associate Degree or equivalent in required science courses according to California Lab Law and Regulations for MLT.
- Current California State Medical Laboratory Technician License.
- Meets additional qualification and training requirements according to California Lab Law and Regulations for MLT.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
About Laboratory Careers
Our clinical laboratory scientists, phlebotomists, and lab techs work in both outpatient clinics and hospital settings and have an opportunity to gain exposure to different areas, including chemistry, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, and the blood bank. We also operate reference laboratories, which serve as hubs for specimen processing and analysis as well as specialized testing — such as microbiology and molecular biology. Offering modern facilities, advanced equipment, and scheduling options, we provide a dynamic environment in which you'll continue to learn and grow.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.