The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Nursing Shift SupervisorLocation: San Leandro, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 751878 Date posted: 01/03/2019
- Manages the off-hours and weekend patient care activities.
- Ensures staff provides the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Coordinates and monitors staffing for all shifts and maintains appropriate staffing levels and skill mix.
- Participates in developing, reviewing, and updating departmental policies and procedures.
- Identifies and implements best practices to provide improved quality care and services.
- Assess and monitors clinical nursing practice for optimal patient care.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum. Follows-up on all clinical issues.
- Monitors quality of care delivered, ensuring it meets age-related and developmental needs of patients.
- Supervises staff, assesses their needs and identifies educational opportunities.
- Collaborates with all departments throughout the medical center.
- Acts as patient advocate.
- Assists in developing, monitoring and maintaining the budget.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to reduce costs.
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Minimum one (1) year of previous supervisory experience required
- Minimum four (4) years of previous acute care hospital experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS and ACLS certifications required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal written and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in health care related field preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.