Dietitians & Nutrition Services
Supporting Total Health
Good nutrition is vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health through good nutrition when you join our team.
Nutrition Partner - Grade 110Location: San Leandro, CA Job Number: 867355 Date posted: 08/12/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Collects patient meal & snack choices according to diet order (MNT) in writing or via handheld electronic device, assuring the patient's age specific, food allergy, religious, cultural & food preference needs are accommodated. Offers patients alternative food & beverage selections & resolves problems & concerns utilizing the patient care team, registered dietitian, nutrition clerk or Mgmt.
- Prints documents using CBORD software on PC. Prepares tray tickets for tray-line & collects food & supplies for srv. Assembles patient meals (tray line) & snacks accurately according to diet order, tray ticket, snack label or other protocol. Measures food portions into individual servings. As assigned delivers meals & snacks, stores properly &/or heats & serves trays to proper patient. May also deliver & store non patient meals, catering or other assigned food & supplies.
- Receives & stores product deliveries such as groceries, tube feedings, supplements, office supplies, equipment, paper goods, etc. Organizes new products in proper location behind older products (First In, First Out), discards dented products, extra cardboard or garbage, labels any goods or products as assigned. Inspects delivery & reviews invoice for accuracy & proper condition of goods & signs invoice if authorized to do so.
- Stocks assigned areas w/products such as condiments, paper goods, food, beverages, chemicals according to defined par levels or procedures. Stocking may include floor nourishments, tray line supplies, printer paper supplies, chemical dispensers, etc.
- Organizes & cleans & sanitizes assigned pantry & kitchen surfaces & equipment according to defined procedures as frequently as assigned. Cleaning of equipment includes coffee brewers, microwaves, blenders, beverage dispensers, toasters, refrigerators, freezers, work surfaces, drawers, cupboards, walls, etc. Cleaning of other areas may include office areas, storerooms, walk in refrigerators & walk in freezers.
- Records all assigned data such as food storage temperatures, dishwasher temperatures, pH levels, meal counts, late trays, etc. & logs data in proper area. Assures temperatures or other data are w/in assigned range & follows up w/action & documentation when out of range. Documents equipment malfunctions according to facility procedure.
- Prepares orders for food, beverages, paper goods, tube feedings, supplies, etc. & places order according to facility procedure. Collects & maintains statistical data &/or financial records, calendars meetings, prepares correspondence, reports & email notifications as assigned.
- Monitors pertinent patient info such as admission, discharge, transfer, diet order changes. Initiates all follow up based on the data such as adding a tray ticket, changing a room on a meal, adding a fluid restriction etc. Reviews diet related status of patients' nutritional care via CBORD software system & updates menus, tray tickets, nourishments, tube feeding, preferences, according to facility protocol to assure nutritional adequacy, age specific, cultural, religious needs are met, & avoids potential food-drug interactions. Organizes test meals for compliance w/current prescribed diet order as assigned. Files required documents such as delivery logs, orders, patient census, diet order census, etc.
- Utilizes facility technology to complete assigned tasks. Logs on & off personal computer & utilizes assigned program such as email, intranet, CBORD, Health Connect, word processing &/or spreadsheets, etc. Completes assigned tasks such as generating data, hot synching Palm Pilots, printing, sending, saving, deleting, copying, entering data in PC or h& held device; Initiates &/or answers pages as needed. Answers telephone & responds to customers in timely manner. Enter food preferences, menu selections & nutritional notes into CBORD as needed. Be able to implement down time procedures of computer system.
- Prepares commissary order for food & supplies on a daily basis according to established procedures assuring adequate quantity & type of inventory needed.
- Problem solves for customers such as patient care team members, clinical dietitians, etc. Refers customer to appropriate person, department, or provides follow up.
- Assists in training new employees as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Data entry skills utilizing Word or Excel database systems.
- Data entry skills utilizing handheld electronic device desirable.
- Ability to draft short correspondence desirable.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other individuals within the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Six (6) months of experience in nutritional services department/diet office in an acute care or skilled nursing facility preferred or one (1) year of other food service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets preferred.
- Food service experience
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Whether you're supporting the health of our members, employees, or communities, the work you do supports our proactive approach to health. Opportunities exist in outpatient and inpatient care, health education, menu planning, food preparation, and more. In many of these roles, you may find yourself counseling members and community groups on their nutritional practices and educating them on how the right diet can help prevent disease and promote health.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!