Strength is Relative. Potential is Infinite.
Help your patients achieve their goals while realizing those of your own. Working alongside clinical experts and physicians, you'll have the freedom, resources, and support you need to develop innovative care plans and improve your patients' quality of life.
Respiratory Care Practitioner II - Grade 755Location: San Leandro, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 825943 Date posted: 10/09/2019
- Selects, reviews, obtains & interprets data
- Accurately transcribes physician orders to electronic charting system or dept'l patient master
- Interprets data to formulate goal-directed plan of care & determines requirements for treatment
- Recommends procedures to obtain additional data including radiographs, bronchoscopy, Gram stain & C&S, spirometry, blood gas analysis, lung mechanics, work of breathing, EKG, & noninvasic monitoring
- Performs diagnostic modalities
- Performs procedures & interprets results: ABG sampling & analysis, co-oximetry, spirometry, pressure-volume & flow-volume loops, cuff pressure, & sputum induction
- Selects, assembles & checks equipment for proper function, operation & cleanliness
- Ensures proper function & ready availability of respiratory related life support equipment
- Troubleshoots & performs minor repairs of equipment
- Participates in routine dept'l programs of cleaning, disinfecting & sterilizing of respiratory care & other related equipment
- Initiates, conducts & modifies prescribed therapeutic or diagnostic procedures
- Observes established safety & security procedures & protects patients from nosocomial infection
- Explains planned therapy or procedures & goals to patient in understandable terms to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes
- Conducts therapeutic procedures to maintain a patient airway, remove bronchopulmonary secretions, and/or achieve adequate ventilation & oxygenation
- Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy, recognizes patient adverse reaction & stops or modifies or recommends modification to procedure based on patient response
- Documents all required info in the medical record according to dept'l policy & procedure
- Initiates pressure-cycled/volume-cycled/high frequency ventilation
- Weans/modifies mechanical ventilation according to assessment & physician orders
- Assists w//or performs extubation
- Conducts patient education & disease mgmt
- Contributes to dept'l quality improvement activities
- Assesses priorities for delivery of patient care & redistributes resources as necessary
- Protects data from intentional or unintentional destruction, modification, or disclosure
- Maintains a current knowledge base of dept'l info mgmt systems, including collection, maintenance, & dissemination of info, as well as approp audit trails
- Participates in continuing education for professional development in Respiratory Care & related fields
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- At least one (1) year of clinical experience in the field of polysomnography preferred, may be required for this particular position
- At least one (1) year of recent critical care experience preferred, may be required for this particular position
- At least one (1) year of clinical experience in neonatal/pediatric respiratory care preferred, may be required for this particular position
- High School Diploma/GED
- Graduate from a respiratory care education program supported by CoARC or accredited by CAAHEP, required, with 62 semester hours of college credit, including a background in the basic sciences, or baccalaureate degree in an area other than respiratory care or Associates of Arts or Science degree, preferred.
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in the State of California
- BLS required
- Certification (CRT) from the National Board of Respiratory Care
- Respiratory Care Practitioners who received their RCP license prior to 1986 and currently working at Kaiser Permanente are exempt from obtaining their CRT credential
- Certified or Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist by the National Board for Respiratory Care preferred, but may be required for this particular position
- Registered by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists preferred, but may be required for this particular position
- Neonatal/Pediatric Specialist by the National Board preferred, but may be required for this particular position
- Depending on the particular specialty, ACLS, NRP or PALS may be required for this particular position
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, technical manuals, and short correspondence or memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to speak and understand spoken English
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Key board skills preferred
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment
- Also refer to Position specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement
Permanente is proud to be an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. This position supports Kaiser
Permanente's code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and
regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies
and procedures. Kaiser Permanente is
proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Rehab Services Careers
Rehab Services Careers
In an effort to increase our collective knowledge and deliver higher-quality, more informed care, we encourage dialogue and collaboration across the care delivery spectrum. Our rehab department includes professionals in audiology, respiratory care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, and much more.
In addition to inpatient and outpatient opportunities, we also offer home health opportunities, affording you the chance to improve patient outcomes in the home care setting. With outstanding educational opportunities and modern equipment and technology, you'll actively participate in your patients' journey to wellness while continually elevating your own expertise.
Physical And Occupational Therapists
Kaiser Permanente offers full-time, part-time, per diem, and in-house registry opportunities in a variety of practice settings, including home health, inpatient, and outpatient. Additional opportunities include occupational therapist, physical therapist, and licensed physical therapist assistant.
At Kaiser Permanente, Respiratory Care Practitioners are an integral part of our respected health care team. They are responsible for developing patient treatment plans and have the opportunity to work in a variety of exciting and challenging areas from adult critical care to cardiology to high-risk delivery. Our Respiratory Care Practitioners have the advantage of computerized state-of-the-art equipment, including life support systems, arterial blood gas analyzers, and non-invasive monitors.
Kaiser Permanente's speech pathologists provide direct patient care to members with communication and swallowing disorders by evaluating, diagnosing, developing, and implementing therapy and treatment programs.
Our audiology professionals are a vital part of our rehab care team. They provide direction, counseling, and recommendations regarding the rehabilitation of hearing impaired patients.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.