Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Senior Health EducatorLocation: San Leandro, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 770996 Date posted: 03/13/2019
Provides high quality and cost effective project management, consulting, or technical expertise in a specific area of health education.
Develops and implements local and region wide integration of health education programs, services and systems which may bridge multiple departments or facilities. Manages complex health education services, promoting the continuum of care.
- Consults with physicians and staff to promote and integrate high quality, evidence-based approaches to health education services in the clinical setting.
- Manages a variety of health education services, including establishing effective referral systems and marketing, monitoring quality documentation and reporting, and facilitating use of community services.
- Conducts needs assessments, designs, implements, and evaluates health education programs including integration into technology based modalities (such as webinars, video visits) to provide quality and cost effective health education services.
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals and priorities.
- Recruits, hires, evaluates, and supervises health education staff.
- Develops and recommends high quality, culturally appropriate health education materials, tools and services, and integrates these within the clinical setting.
- May provide group or one-to- one health education services to members and the community.
- May develop and monitor project budgets. Prepares grants, proposals, and financial reports as required.
- Specializes in a specific area of health education (e.g., HIV, nutrition, behavioral health, chronic disease, health promotion) as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- This is a temporary position.
- Breast Care Coordinator duties:
- This position will be focused on Navigation of Breast cancer patients from diagnosis to completion of care up to survivorship.
- Prepare patients for multidisciplinary breast cancer clinic through TAV or in-person visit counseling, education and shared decision making tools
- Prepare and facilitate breast cancer case conference and multidisciplinary breast cancer clinics - coordinate with clinical trials, arrange for additional imaging/testing , Genetics and other related to breast cancer care.
- Follow up with patients after the clinic visit - after visit summary at the end of clinic appt. ,phone call for the next day , coordinate surgery/chemo schedule with the surgery and oncology team.
- Tracking to ensure patients proceeds through treatment appropriately , and also for GSAA data base.
- Planning and coordinating Breast cancer awareness month, Bras for a cause or other projects related for Breast cancer awareness, education, treatments and preventions.
- Minimum two (2) years of directly related work experience in health education.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in design and coordination of health education services.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience leading/consulting with multiple stakeholders for colloborative problem solving, decision making and evaluation.
-Master's degree in public or community health, behavioral sciences, or related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning, group process theory and their applications.
- Demonstrated competency in applying evidence-based approaches to program planning, development, integration into care & evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to apply cultural competence and health literacy to projects or programs for diverse communities.
- Project mangement experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of PC applications - presentation, document and analytical software programs.
- Familiar with using social media.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in managing staff and budget management preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.