Storekeeper II - weekend shift
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
• Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to move, gathered, or distributed.
• Determines the quantities of stock needed to replenish departments' supplies.
• Fills requisitions from stock in storage area.
• Fills work orders, requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes to procurement clerks to process properly.
• Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
• Prepares parcels for mailing including packing supplies in cartons and delivering to requisitioning department.
• Packs, crates, and prepares bills of lading for outgoing shipments.
• Assists w/ incoming calls from vendors, end users, and other Material Services personnel regarding delivery and receipt questions.
• Contacts vendors, end users and/or accounts payable concerning damaged, partial, incomplete or incorrect shipments.
• Returns supplies and equipment for credit or repair.
• Resolves problems relating to the ordering, receiving, and distribution of materials by contacting requisitioning and regional departments.
• Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
• Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
• Marks materials w/ identifying information.
• Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
• Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
• Restocks departments' supply closets.
• Handles inventories department supplies.
• Records amounts and condition of materials or items received or distributed.
• Weighs or counts items for distribution w/in plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
• Maintains inventory records.
• Uses computer to enter records, and other automated and manual systems.
• Performs other related duties as necessary.
• No supervisory responsibilities.
- Six (6) months of experience as a Storekeeper I, or six (6) months of experience as a Storekeeper in another organization.
- High school diploma/GED.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Valid California Drivers License.
- Basic familiarity w/ computerized data entry.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.