Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Supply Chain Technician - Call-in/On-CallLocation: San Leandro, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 853957 Date posted: 02/12/2020
This position works under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager/Director and/or designee. Inventories, restocks, and distributes disposable medical supplies within Perioperative services, which includes replenishment in the Operating Room and Ambulatory Surgery Unit suites. Works the majority of the time preparing surgical carts for use in the medical center and/or medical office building. Will also maintain accuracy of supplies on facility procedure cards. Stocks surgical carts for use during procedures. Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Reviews operating room schedule in advance to ensure proper supply levels.
- Stocks surgical carts for use during procedures.
- Inventory assigned supply areas for replenishment.
- Rotate stock using FIFO (first-in-first-out) method of inventory management.
- Fills requisitions from stock in storage areas.
- Maintains stocking levels in the OR and ASU suites.
- Inform staff on product conversions and substitutions.
- Work with Perioperative Cost Specialist, Procurement team, and service leads (nursing) to ensure proper stocking levels are maintained and supplies are ordered routinely.
- Escalate and solve supply issues with Supply Chain Manager, and involve clinicians when necessary.
- Maintain procedure cards (removing obsolete items, and updating cards during product conversions).
- Print supply forecast to prepare for future procedures.
- Dons protective equipment when necessary.
- Infection Control - Standard Precautions: Adherence to hand washing requirements, workflow patterns, standard precautions, dress code, sterility assurance.
- Ensures proper documentation is maintained electronically and manually.
- Participates in all competency programs, attends meetings, and trainings when required.
- Adheres to all policies and protocols in the use of Healthconnect and OneLink Systems.
- Ability to present information in one on one and small group situations.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Required six (6) months of experience managing supplies in a perioperative environment (Ambulatory Surgery Unit and/or Operating Room, and/or Sterile Processing-this may be any one of the 3 or a combination of the 3 equaling six (6) months).
- Required six (6) months of experience operating within a Supply Chain inventory management system.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Successful Completion of Blood borne Pathogens Awareness Training within 30 days of hire (KP Learn Module).
- Must Pass Computer Navigation Assessment.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
Skills Testing: CRM Navigation
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.