Excellence: It Starts Here
As a recognized leader in health care delivery, policy, and technology, we answer the needs of more than 11 million men, women, and children every day through the work we do. This mission begins with the passion, vision, and commitment of our leaders.
SVP, Area Manager Greater Southern Alameda AreaLocation: San Leandro, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 792194 Date posted: 04/19/2019
The SVP and Area Manager works within the overall context of Northern California Regional and National strategy to assure that Kaiser Permanente is positioned to optimize performance in terms of quality, service, and affordability. The ability to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction and member retention is the key performance focus of the local market. At the same time, in order to maintain market leadership, the Area Manager must ensure to maintain a fiscally sound enterprise capable of generating required financial returns. The SVP and Area Manager must develop and execute customer-focused business and operations strategies that respond to unique market factors such as size, demographics, competitors, employer characteristics and segmentation strategy, and targeted consumer expectations. These plans must effectively integrate with, influence, leverage, and be consistent with Regional and National strategies, investments, approaches, processes and capabilities. The plans also must support Community Benefit and other community outreach and support activities in the market area.
- Serves as the hospital's chief executive.
- Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction and member retention by investing in, structuring, and directing operations to meet customer needs and by reinforcing a culture of excellence in customer service.
- Ensures the integration of quality, service and efficiency improvements into day-to-day operations.
- Ensures the delivery of high quality, integrated patient care and the effective use of resources by building strong, performance-based relationships with TPMG and Labor.
- Maintains a fiscally sound enterprise that generates financial returns at targeted levels through effective business practices and sound financial arrangements.
- Enhances Kaiser Permanente's social contribution by effectively guiding direct and indirect community benefit investments and by building a strong community presence to meet health care needs of the members.
- Assures effective execution of business strategies by aligning human resource strategies with business needs, by recruiting and developing a high-performance leadership team, and by developing a climate which builds employee commitment and reinforces high performance and customer service, and supports diversity.
- Supports the success of the enterprise by effectively contributing to and utilizing national strategies and capabilities, actively sharing new learning and innovation, and by assuring business practices are consistent with Kaiser Permanente's Business Fundamentals.
- A graduate degree in business administration, health care administration, or a related field.
- Strategic understanding necessary to deal with the health care delivery systems of the future.
- Thorough understanding of financial issues and delivery systems trends.
- Understanding and commitment to diversity.
- Understanding of integrated management models.
- Seven to ten years experience in managing a complex organization through a transition in its technology or business environment.
- Significant experience in Hospital Operations and managing in an integrated health care delivery system. Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a business partnership with clinical, business, physician, and labor leaders.
- Experience with integrating systems and services to more efficiently maximize service and to support the organization's mission and goals.
- Demonstrated experience with both strategy and operations.
- Demonstrated experience working with physicians in a managed care environment. Specific experience with PHOs, IPAs, group practices, and foundation models would be of great value.
- Experience managing in a diverse environment (internally and with our members). Experience managing with physicians who have joint accountability.
- Demonstrated strategic and program planning skills in a managed care environment is desirable.
- Demonstrated success in managing in a complex, managed care environment is desirable.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Envision the future, inspire change, and deliver results. Put your talents to work not just at a powerful business, but at an organization dedicated to empowering the health and well-being of millions. As a valued member of the Kaiser Permanente team, your visionary and strategic contributions are especially vital to our success. Come drive change within the organization and across the future of health care.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Dec 14, 2018
"Respectable reward in a company with a vision"
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Kaiser has a vision for healthcare that is in practice as well as in theory all about delivering the best healthcare at the best possible price. It is more than just words, the company really strives to deliver on those goals.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.