Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Rad TechLocation: San Marcos, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 770129 Date posted: 03/18/2019
- Upholds KP's policies & procedures, principles of responsibilities & applicable state, federal & local laws.
- Customer Service: Is responsive to the needs of others by maintaining a professional behavior toward members & coworkers.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity & lifestyle choices on patient condition & makes accommodations for such differences.
- Demonstrates competence in the operation of radiographic equipment, both mobile & stationary in various patient care settings.
- Consistently selects correct technical factors relative to the requirements of the study & the patient's age & body habitus.
- Consistently selects other equipment settings/parameters (e.g., locks on equipment & tables, tube placement, control panel settings, etc) appropriately.
- Consistently processes radiographic images properly, utilizing automated equipment
- Uses proper sterile technique
- Consistently operates imaging computer properly & in accordance w/ department protocols (CT, MRI).
- Demonstrates knowledge of, & consistently uses ancillary equipment (e.g., catheters, guide-wires, etc) properly.
- Demonstrates competence in the positioning of patients for radiographic imaging.
- Routinely positions patients accurately relative to the requirements of the study as stated in the department protocols.
- Utilizes various immobilizing devices such as sponges & sandbags whenever necessary to obtain acceptable radiographs and/or electronic images.
- Always takes special care in handling/positioning patients w/ critical injuries or trauma to avoid further injury.
- Age Specific Criteria: Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional & chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the age group (neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric) served.
- Able to assess data reflective of the patient's status & interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs & to provide the care needed in accordance w/ department policy.
- Adjusts technical factors relative to requirements of the study & physical maturation of the patient.
- Modifies patient positioning techniques relative to the patient's physical & cognitive abilities.
- Always takes special care in handling, positioning and/or restraining infants & geriatric patients to avoid injury or excessive radiation exposure.
- Never leaves infant, pediatric or disoriented geriatric patient unattended.
- Assume other activities & responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- CRT Fluoroscopy Permit (must be obtained during the probationary period).
- ARRT (must be obtained during the probationary period).
- BLS-C (must be obtained during the probationary period).
- CRT Mammography certification, preferred.
- ARRT Mammography qualification, preferred.
- Schedule work hours per week will be 20-32.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.