Health Education Assistant, On-Call
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Provides excellent customer service that support behavior change, health promotion and organizational priorities.
- Assesses individual patient's needs, consults and recommends appropriate health education resources/services.
- Manage and process referrals to Health Education and book and register patients to appropriate health education resources and services.
- Respond to member requests, answer department phone and refer to other services or departments as needed.
- Conducts basic presentations (non-clinical) on health education member resources.
- Provides programmatic support for clinical initiatives that support department goals.
- Maintains daily operation of the Health Education Center(s) and Health Education classes, programs and initiatives.
- Coordinates Health Education class and program logistics and promotional materials (e.g. conduct reminder calls or secure messages).
- Support one to one appointments with Educators by booking, rooming, and providing support scheduling and appointment availability by uploading information into KP booking system.
- Registration and recovery registration of health education classes and one to one appointments.
- Orders supplies; stock Health Education Centers; track inventory, vendor management.
- Process sales and class fees, cash handling, inventory management.
- Document services provided by Health Education using internal KP clinical systems.
- Assists members in the utilization of Kaiser Permanente member-facing technology tools
- Patients are active on member facing online tools and utilize telehealth services
- Educate and orient members on member-facing technology tools (My Doctor Online, online videos, and phone applications) including kp.org registration and taking member photo.
- Coordinate work of health education volunteers and interns.
- Ensure all volunteer staff are engaged and support the mission and goals of Health Education department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest