Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Health Education Instructor IILocation: San Rafael, CA Additional Locations:
Petaluma Medical Offices 3900 Lakeville Hwy., 3900 Lakeville Hwy., Petaluma,California, 94954 Job Number: 795467 Date posted: 05/14/2019
Conducts health education classes using basic to moderately difficult or varied curriculum designed for the improvement of health of Kaiser members and non-members. May conduct classes of various health related topics.
- Teaches and models self-management skills, concepts, resources and tools related to health, lifestyle change and behavior modification to class participants.
- Assists participants in developing specific behavioral goals.
- Provides individual instruction and counseling as needed.
- Assesses needs of class participants and modifies class content or teaching methods to meet those needs.
- Applies evidence-based education techniques in teaching methods.
- Answers questions and provides class participants with appropriate resources of information.
- Arranges and coordinates room set-up, availability of materials and audio/visual equipment.
- Maintains records of training activities including attendance rosters, homework assignments, class evaluations and timesheets or phone TIME system.
- Administers and collects class evaluation forms and class fees.
- Conducts follow-up phones calls to participants including those who missed sessions to determine reason for absence, monitor progress of participants and answer related questions.
- Completes required continuous training and education such as those related to workplace safety, legal and regulatory compliance, accreditation and licenser requirements and department specific requirements.
- Maintains and promotes knowledge and utilization of resources related to health, lifestyle change and behavior modification offered by Kaiser Permanente and through the community.
- The Kaiser Permanente Medical Weight Management program provides obese adults with a fee-for-service, medically supervised, low-calorie diet with intensive behavioral change group sessions.
- The program helps patients lose and maintain significant weight loss through long-term follow-up care.
- The Health Education Instructor II facilitates multiple group sessions.
- Duties include preparing and delivering curriculum, identifying educational and behavior change needs of patients, implementing instructional objectives and counseling strategies based on needs assessments, coordinating with clinicians and program staff to monitor patient progress and follow-up when necessary.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience teaching classes or conducting training programs.
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field to field of course instruction.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed or professional credentials or certification in the field as appropriate to the course instruction.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function independently and exercise professional judgment.
- Demonstrated skills in teaching techniques and presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate diverse groups of people with understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory and group process.
- Basic knowledge of health concepts, preventive health care and behavior change.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience working with the obese population and/or administering weight loss programs preferred.
- Excellent group facilitation and interpersonal skills; ability to motivate others to change behaviors and create cohesive group dynamic.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.