Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Senior Financial AnalystLocation: San Rafael, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 753934 Date posted: 11/28/2018
Prepares financial reports and conducts comprehensive analyses with written summaries to management. Responsibilities include compiling and generating reports, providing supporting data for budget purposes, providing consultative and advisory recommendations to managers on data analysis and performance reporting, and working with various financial leadership to develop departmental operational and financial reports. Performs financial analysis upon identification of variances, and coordinates with junior analysts variance analysis process as defined. Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets. May be responsible for budget system completion and high level reviews. Participates in and/or leads projects of moderate to complex scope as assigned.
- Initiates and facilitates investigation variances trends, cost trends and utilization patterns and performs analysis.
- Coordinates process as defined.
- Ensures analyses are conducted in accordance with Administrative objectives.
- Designs analytical reports and prepares complex financial trend and data analysis reports.
- May be accountable for the coordination, compilation, and verification of analytic interpretation of financial reports and analyses.
- Proactively identifies potential data and analytical needs to support management and performance monitoring requirements.
- Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets.
- May be responsible for budget system completion and high level reviews.
- Performs special projects/studies of moderate to complex scope as directed.
- Develops work plans independently.
- Completes structured projects with targeted analytical outcomes, defined clients and project teams.
- Works autonomously and collaboratively with project teams and clients.
- Identifies operational impact of analytical findings.
- Manages projects of moderate to complex scope with general supervision.
- Conducts ongoing user education and provides management consultation on the use and interpretation of analyses, reports, methodologies and source data and systems.
- Develop spreadsheet and database analyses for presentation and analysis of financial reports.
- Coordinates and interacts with any of the following: Finance Team, Revenue Cycle, Admin, Dept. Administrators & Chiefs, and other organizational department leadership (as appropriate) in providing analytical assistance within defined parameters.
- Facilitates data analysis for and gives presentations.
- Monitors compliance with policies and procedures related to financial management and budget systems and related automated systems.
- Minimum four (4) years of related experience in financial analysis and budgeting.
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Highly developed knowledge of finance theories such as present values theory/cash flow analysis and accounting principles.
- Able to formulate finance study designs and prepare and conduct professional presentations.
- Advanced proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate design and requirements definitions meetings with a wide variety of managerial leaders.
- Knowledge/ability of detailed financial and operational data anlaysis and consultative skills.
- Works under limited guidance; accountable to complete work assignments.
- May provide functional direction to junior finance staff.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in both financial and operational data analysis.
- Skilled in various applications including MS Excel, Access, VBA, SQL and KP Health Connect.
- Master's degree preferred.
- CPA preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.