Sr Surgical Technician
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Specifically and regularly assigned to direct, check, review, assign, organize, coordinate, train and reporting on the work of one (1) or more other Surgical Technicians; or who have a least two (2) years experience as a Surgical Technician plus the demonstrated ability to perform, and under general supervision frequently do perform, the most complex techniques and procedures of the classification in accordance with the specifications set by the department head.
- Coordinate configuration of equipment to provide ease of use. Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges instruments, according to instructions. Checks instruments and equipment for sterility, cleanliness, and functionality prior to the start of the case. Assist with set up and use of equipment during procedures. Assist with allocation of equipment for procedures on a daily basis.
- Assists team members to place and position patient on table. Scrubs arms and hands and dons gown and gloves. Scrub procedures as primary or secondary staff. Aids team to don gowns and gloves. Dons personal protective equipment when required.
- Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors, and performs other tasks as directed by surgeon and circulating nurse during operation. Counts sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation per hospital policy. Puts dressings on patient following surgery.
- Actively participates in meeting patient safety goals in promoting quality and safe patient care.
- Cleans operating room and assists in room turnover.
- Washes and sterilizes equipment.
- Recommends to manager guidelines for use of equipment, purchase of new/replacement equipment, additional parts and supplies.
- Assembles/complies case carts with supplies, instruments, and equipment in preparation for the procedure.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job motivates and provides work direction to other employees, but does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline.
- Minimum two years of current acute Operating Room experience.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Basic Life Support
- Strong experience with minimally invasive, general, ENT, eyes, plastics, orthopedics, vascular, open heart-thoracic, spine, urology, GYN, podiatry, maxillofacial, and neuro surgery specialties.
- Surgical Technicians certified by the Association of Operating Room Technicians, affiliated with the Association of Operating Room Nurses shall qualify as Senior Surgical Technicians upon presentation of their certificate.
- Must be willing to participate in training of RNs and other disciplines in the scrub role.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Video, orthopedic and all other needed equipment to do the above surgeries preferred.
- Certification in Surgical Technology preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest