Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Cardiovascular Technician - Grade 765 (Temporary)Location: Santa Clara, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 764292 Date posted: 02/20/2019
The position is primarily responsible for assisting physicians in the Cardiology/Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory activities, including diagnostic, interventions and therapeutic cardiac procedures within an inpatient or outpatient environment. Provide technical and analytical support during invasive diagnostic procedures for patients requiring cardiovascular services, monitoring and observing of patients; circulating and hemodynamic monitoring during diagnostic and interventional procedures; pre and post procedure teaching, pre procedure patient prep; emergency interventions.
- The position is primarily responsible for assisting physicians in the Cardiology/Cardiac Catheterization &/or Electrophysiology Laboratory activities, including diagnostic, interventions and therapeutic cardiac procedures within an inpatient or outpatient environment.
- Provide technical and analytical support during invasive diagnostic procedures for patients requiring cardiovascular services, monitoring and observing of patients; circulating and hemodynamic monitoring during diagnostic procedures; pre and post procedure teaching, pre procedure patient prep; emergency interventions.
- Performs other duties as needed appropriate to scope of practice to meet the needs of the department.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- Completion of a two (2) year training program in cardiopulmonary technology or successful completion of a six (6) month on the job training program in a licensed catheterization laboratory.
- BLS required.
- ACLS required.
- Exhibits clinical knowledge of aseptic technique and able to adapt to procedural variations.
- Must be able to take call on a regular rotating basis as a member of the Cardiac team, including flexible hours and weekends.
- Able to communicate clearly both written and verbal in English.
- Able to serve as a preceptor and mentor as required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Current CV Technician certification preferred.
- Cardiac scrub experience preferred.
- Able to scrub in basic surgical specialties preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.