Clinical Nurse Specialist - Cardiovascular Intensive Care UnitSanta Clara, California
Our nurse leaders maintain a strong commitment to the highest standards of professional nursing practice and to sustain a culture of excellence. You will encourage your teams to use evidence-based practice to deliver high-quality patient care, contribute to research, and spread innovation beyond Kaiser Permanente. Backed by the resources of one of the nation’s largest health care providers, you’ll motivate and inspire your team to achieve goals, value individual contributions, and celebrate accomplishments in meaningful ways while realizing your own potential as a leader.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Supportive Team & Resources
Career Growth & Development
Our Nurse Leaders cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. Together, we pursue lifelong learning in the belief that it expands our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. We participate in research to inform our evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities, and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes the understanding of our members’ needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem-solving, and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Ghada, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, CENP
SCAL Regional Director
Patient Care Services
“So proud to be a Kaiser Permanente nurse leader. Despite all the challenges we experienced with the pandemic, we remained true to our mission to provide safe, quality care to our patients and members, and continue to encourage our employees to grow and develop professionally. I have completed my Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing and lead with an exceptional team. There are boundless opportunities here.”
Gertrude, RN, BSN, MSA
Administrative Service Director
“Kaiser Permanente has a mission of providing affordable health care not just for our members, but also the community — which is a passion of mine. I consider myself very fortunate to work for an organization that values their employees. As a nurse leader, I LOVE what I do! We provide endless possibilities for growth and professional development.”
Michele, JD, MBA, RN
Nursing Professional Development and
“Kaiser Permanente provides its nurse leaders with opportunities to innovate and thrive in an evidence-based practice that’s advancing the science of nursing and embracing a culture of excellence.”
Philidah, MSN, RN
Sr. Director of Nursing
“It’s a privilege to work for Kaiser Permanente. They support nurses through a variety of learning opportunities, from self-paced learning to leadership courses and stretch assignments. It enables equitable opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.”
Assistant Medical Center Administrator
“I’m incredibly grateful for the support I received from Kaiser Permanente. I would not be where I am right now without the mentoring from outstanding leaders, the strong relationships I built with my team, and the partnership with other departments.”
Assistant Nurse Manager
“I’m in my first position here, but I’ve already had the opportunity to be part of the Magnet Journey, quality and safety committees, and co-chair Professional Nursing Excellence Council. Kaiser Permanente continues to help me grow through leadership training programs like Activate and stretch assignments.”
“Kaiser Permanente has many resources and tools to help us grow professionally. We have courses and financial aid for individuals who choose to advance.I love being a leader because I love to encourage, inspire, and develop my team. I also embrace challenges and enjoy collaborating in projects that positively impact our members.”
Department Manager RN
“Kaiser Permanente allows me to focus on preventive health care, which contrasts with my acute care background. I appreciate the preventive care services that we offer our members and the different forms of communication based on personal preference.”
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Establishes and monitors care standards and makes recommendations for changes in area of clinical practice. Collaborates with nursing staff in assessing patient, family age-specific nursing needs and develops plan of care for complex high-risk patients.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the care provided.
- Designs teaching programs for patients/families and provides assistance to nursing staff in program implementation. Develops interdisciplinary plans of care for complex and high risk patients. In conjunction with members of the health care team, assesses staff knowledge and identifies competency-based education needs of staff and members.
- Designs and implements education programs to ensure the quality of staff knowledge and skills. Introduces new techniques/innovation based on advanced practice trends. May serve as a preceptor to graduate healthcare students.
- Provides consultation to physicians, nurses and other health care providers in meeting care needs of individual or groups of patients in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Makes recommendations to change standards of care or standards of practice based on own research or the research of others.
- Defines and implements best nursing practices. Assists in interviewing staff and provides input into evaluations regarding clinical competence and provides coaching and counseling.
- Participates and consults in setting the direction for QA&I monitoring, establishing standards and evaluating outcomes. Collects and analyzes data regarding patient care outcomes, trends, morbidity and mortality.
- Accesses KP Health Connect to evaluate the quality of care provided. Uses KP Health Connect to manage clinical operations. Monitors quality, appropriateness, and accuracy of KP Health Connect documentation. Maintains role specific KP Health Connect competencies.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Delete this text and Enter a Function.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in area of clinical specialty required.
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree in a clinical field of nursing or a clinical field related to nursing including but not limited to psychology, public health, social work, education, health sciences, behavioral sciences, nutrition, and bioethics from a nationally accredited master's/post master's nursing academic program.
- Current California RN license by date of hire.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist certification by the California Board of Registered Nursing by date of hire.
- Current BLS certificate required.
- May require a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI) if needed for Clinical Nurse Specialist prior to date of hire.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist experience preferred.
- ACLS or PALS Certification preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Recognized for Excellence
Recognized for excellence again
We're proud to share that for the second year in a row, 100% (39 of 39) of our hospitals rated high-performing (top 20% in the nation) for at least 1 of the 35 measures in the U.S. News & World Report. Seventeen of our hospitals ranked among their state's Top 50 and two ranked in the nation's Top 50 for a specialty.
Ensuring our members’ needs are met
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.