Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
EEG Technologist II (Temporary) - Grade 610Location: Santa Clara, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 769987 Date posted: 02/20/2019
- Performs routine wake EEG's/sleep, EEG's/sleep EEG with NP electrodes on adults, children and infants, both out-patients and in-patients
- Performs Evoked Potentials including Visual Evoked Potential and BAER on adults, children and Infants, both out-patients and in-patients.
- Performs clerical functions associated with the processing and generation of reports i.e. filing and distribution of reports.
- Responsible and accountable for assuring quality tracings.
- Superior customer relations skills including courtesy, appropriate communication and respectful behavior with patients, physicians and staff.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Maintains adequate supplies.
- Prolonged standing and walking is required.
- Good motor skills required, moderate sitting and computer use.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of accredited EEG/EP program, must be registered with the American Board of Registered EEC technologists with two years of satisfactory continuous recent experience as an EEC Technologist, or, has three years of satisfactory continuous recent experience as an EEG Technologist.
- Minimum requirements of 6 months experience as EEG Tech within the last year.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to perform all of the duties required of this classification as determined by the Employer, such as Evoked Potentials, polysomnograms, and other specialized Tests.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a consistently high quality of service to patients, visitors and staff.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends as required to include a minimum of two holidays a year (major and minor).
- Must be supportive of collaborative team work.
- In the future, schedules may change to meet the needs of our members. This could include shift changes and possible weekend rotations which would be addressed per contract language.
- Must demonstrate a good attendance record during the last year of employment.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.