Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Health Educator I, Certified Lactation Educator and Certified Childbirth Educator required (24 hours per week)Location: Santa Clara, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 842218 Date posted: 02/11/2020
- Conducts needs assessments, establishes priorities, designs, implements, and evaluates basic health education programs, protocols, and standards.
- Coordinates a wide range of health education services, including establishing effective referral and publicity systems, monitoring quality and documentation, providing scheduling and logistical support, and facilitating use of community services to promote the delivery of cost-effective health education services.
- Provides direct group or one-to-one health education services to members and the public.
- Reviews, develops, and recommends high quality, culturally appropriate, written and audio-visual health education materials.
- Consults w/ physicians and staff regarding related health education services.
- Coordinates health information projects such as program catalogs, newsletter, informational displays, community health events, etc.
- Specializes in a specific area of health education (e.g. HIV, nutrition, chronic disease, health promotion) as required.
- Monitors performance of health education instructors and counselors.
- Prepares reports, grants, proposals, and documentation, as assigned.
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals and priorities.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Previous experience, usually one (1) year, in providing and coordinating health education services.
- Previous experience in uncomplicated curriculum and materials development.
- BA/BS in health education or in another health related field.
- For specialization - content expertise or certification required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning, group process theory and application.
- Knowledge of PC applications required.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.