Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Medical Assistant - Dermatology (On-Call, Day)Location: Santa Clara, CA Job Number: 959003 Date posted: 07/06/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the Physician and/or Designee.
- Interviews patients and measure vital signs and other pertinent information as required by department. Records information in patients medical record. Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination. Assists clinician with care of the patient. Inventories, orders and replenishes medical supplies and materials. Gives treatments and performs routine laboratory tests as required by department.
- Schedules appointments, performs clinical tasks and completes appropriate forms as required by department. May be responsible for administering medications, including injections. May be responsible for cleaning, processing, sterilizing and checking instruments. Performs computer data entry functions. Performs clinical/technical skills specific to the department. Performs other related duties as necessary. Customer Service: Practices customer service standards as defined by the Medical Center and specified department.
- Anticipates the customers needs, takes proactive steps to meet those needs, by listening and taking responsibility within scope to ensure issues are resolved. Promptly responds to alarms and patient requests. Facilitates the customers ability to utilize resources. Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment. Team Commitment: Is an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Manages difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance. Takes accountability for own actions. Acts as a resource and mentor to new employees, students, and other team members. Actively participates in departmental professional development activities. Adheres to Attendance Policy. Supports a collaborative labor-management partnership environment.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum six (6) months of experience or successful completion of Kaiser Permanente externship.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Completion of a course of study consistent with the requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical Board of California.
- Basic Life Support
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend medical information.
- Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and written.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Demonstrated ability to use personal computer.
- Medical Terminology Certificate or equivalent experience.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.