Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Neurodiagnostic Technician II - Grade 862Location: Santa Clara, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 774810 Date posted: 03/07/2019
- Performs END procedures in at least one modality under general supervision of the lab supervisor and in accordance with the standards and protocols of the laboratory.
- Verifies identity of patient and provides adequate patient ID on all studies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate actions to take during emergency situations.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in performing Phase I and II long-term epilepsy monitoring.
- Associates degree in Neurodiagnostic Technology or equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered EEG Technologist and registered or registry eligible in at least two (2) of the following: Registered Evoked Potential Technologist (R. EP T.), Certification in Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring (CNIM), Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT), Registered Long-Term Epilepsy Monitoring Technologist, or Registered Nerve Conduction Studies Technologist (R. NCS.T.). If registry eligible, registration must be obtained within six (6) months of hire.
- BLS required.
- Proficient in performing routine and complex Electroencephalograms.
- Proficient in performing clinical Evoked Potentials.
- Proficient in performing Phase I and II long-term epilepsy monitoring.
- Knowledge of medical and pharmacologic conditions that effect neurodiagnostic monitoring.
- Must meet physical requirements for this position.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with neurodiagnostic software applications.
- Expected to perform routine and complex studies on patients of all ages, with indirect supervision.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.