Licensed Nurses & Physician Assistants
The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Advanced Heart Failure Nurse Practitioner IILocation: Santa Clara, CA Job Number: 858300 Date posted: 01/28/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Practices under the standard procedure established for the NP role consistent with Kaiser Permanente policy and in accordance with requirement set forth by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Conducts age appropriate assessments of patients, including history taking and physical examination consistent with department protocol.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status, patient/family education, family involvement, and patient advocacy.
- Consults with supervising physician or other clinicians as dictated by patient need and assessment findings.
- Participates with physicians and other clinicians in the department to assure effective patient care consistent with quality indicators for patients cared for in the designated service.
- Reviews medical record for follow up or ordering of diagnostic studies under established protocols.
- Establishes and maintains communication with other health care providers and departments to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness and to promote consistency and continuity of care.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the institution. - Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel.
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement activities.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities to document, track and convey information.
- If practicing in a specialty role, fulfills the expectations established for the particular role.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibility.
- Minimum of six (6) months experience as a nurse practitioner. See job duties for specific experience requirements for specialty services.
- Master's Degree in Nursing (unless already a Kaiser Permanente employee who was grandfathered in prior to California Business and Professions Code requirement in January 1, 2008).
- Completion of NP program at the Master's level with certification (unless already a Kaiser Permanente employee who was grandfathered in prior to California Business and Professions Code requirement in January 1, 2008).
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Must meet credentialing requirements established for nurse practitioners within the Kaiser system (Master's Degree in Nursing and National Certification from one of the following organizations: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; American Credentialing Center; National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties; National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses.)
- Must have a NPI and meet Medicare requirements for PTAN (Provider Transaction Account Number)
- Current license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in California required.
- Current BLS required.
- Current California issued Furnishing Number.
- Current DEA if required for specialty.
- National certification as NP required (Certification from one of the following bodies required: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; American Credentialing Center).
- National Certification Corporation for Obstetric Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties if working in obstetrics, gynecologic or neonatal specialties; National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses if working in pediatrics.
- Current California RN/NP License with California BRN issued Furnishing Number.
- Depending on the particular specialty, ACLS and/or NALS and/or PALS or PEARS may also be required for the position.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
CARDIOVASCULAR CARE, Mechanical Circulatory Support - Advance Heart Failure Therapies - 2 years (within the past 3 years) experience as an NP providing specialized care to advance heart failure patients on Mechanical Circulatory Support in a Cardiovascular Intensive Care. Experience in managing patients on ECMO required. Adult Acute Care NP required. ACLS required. RN First assist experience preferred
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!