Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Periop Material Cost SpecialistLocation: Santa Clara, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 862644 Date posted: 02/11/2020
- Reviews daily surgery schedule to facilitate timely ordering of equipment, including tissue, using the appropriate purchasing channels (eProcurement of TIMS/MMS).
- Prepares and generates medical specialty orders.
- Administers supplies, equipment, service transactions and requests that support Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) agreements and goals.
- Maintains (adds, deletes, and changes) the inventory control system and database for equipment, supplies and tissue for OR. Coordinates Custom Replenishment Area Profiles (RAPS) and regular RAPS with storekeepers and department manager.
- Supports Physicians and other health care provider peer groups in their standardization efforts.
- Produces standard reports for utilization, trend analysis and compliance monitoring.
- Monitors purchases to ensure compliance and cost guidelines are met.
- Assists the Sr. Perioperative Cost Specialist and/or Materials Manager and team by researching supply cost variances.
- Insures that all Internal Audit Controls are followed. Identifies and assists Sr. Perioperative cost specialist and/or Materials Manager with Product Utilization savings.
- Reconciles invoices to purchase orders, prepare internal recharges on a monthly basis. Participates in the annual OR and ASU physical inventory.
- Assists Sr. Perioperative Cost Specialist and/or Materials Manager with the vendor visitation policy. Tracks and coordinates equipment repairs, rentals and loaner.
- Assists product manager with product implementations and compliance. Assists in trial and evaluations of equipment and supplies with contracted vendors.
- Coordinates with other staff in meeting the Operating Room service requirements.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a combination of purchasing, contracting, material management or other related areas.ip environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, material management, economics or related field; OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Previous experience with material management systems and control of an inventory of $5m to $10m.
- Proficient in a variety of software applications with the ability to develop complex spreadsheets and write business communications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnersh
- Experience in a healthcare environment with specific knowledge of Operating Room medical/ surgical products preferred.
- Professional certification such as a Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) preferred.
- Significant knowledge of products/services and their market environment within the scope of Kaiser Permanente's procurement and logistics programs preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.