Physician Assistant CV/ICU
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
***SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE***
Under the direction and supervision of staff cardiovascular surgeon, the CVA provides high quality, cost-effective patient care by performing cardiovascular surgical preparation procedures, peri-operative and post- operative procedures, and assists in performing cardiovascular surgical procedures.
• Performs admission evaluation on all new patients to include: obtains basic medical information and history, reviews patients medical record, performs physical exam, transcribes history and medical findings into patient medical record, and reports deviations from normal findings to attending physician.
• Provides patient and family with pre-operative education. Answers questions regarding surgery, recovery and risk factor modification; provides blood transfusion information. Performs cardiovascular surgery perioperative procedures; locates and displays chest x-rays and pertinent patient information. Reviews patient chart noting allergies, pertinent medical history, abnormal physical findings, catheterization and/or ECHO data and specific cardiovascular disease.
• Assists in performing cardiovascular surgical procedures: assists staff cardiovascular surgeons in opening chest and cannulating great vessels and heart. Performs invasive procedures: insertion, removal, monitoring of LABP, chest tube, arterial line placement, central line placement and Swan Ganz insertion, thoracentesis, femoral cutdown, uretheral catheterization, peripheral venous cannulation. Administers intravenous medications for treatment of arrhythmias.
• Performs post-operative procedures to include transcription of standard post-operative orders into patient medical records; assists physicians with evaluation and management of intravascular volume, pharmacological therapeutics, and nutritional status; reviews patients cardiac, respiratory, renal, neurological and gastrointestinal status during recovery; reviews vital signs, laboratory and x-ray studies;
assists with technical management of patients including introduction, maintenance and removal of intravascular catheters and percutaneous thoracostomy tubes. Performs patient discharge in conjunction with social worker, pharmacist, and physical therapist; dictates discharge and transfer summaries in a timely manner.
• Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Graduate of an approved primary care physician assistant or surgical assistant program.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed by State of California as a physician assistant.
- Current BLS certification.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Experience as a cardiovascular physician assistant.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest