Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Intern Pharmacist (JR-1900)Location: Santa Clarita, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 798402 Date posted: 06/12/2019
- Considers the cognitive, physical, emotional & chronological maturation process in the delivery of services to patients of all age groups served
- Assesses data reflective of the patient's status & interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs & provides pharmaceutical care needed in accordance w/ department policy
- Dispenses, compounds, procures, stores, packages & distributes pharmacy products according to laws, regulations, standards, established policies & procedures & acceptable professional practices; documents responsibility by signing or initialing prescriptions, batch sheets or other forms according to established policies & procedures
- Interviews patients to obtain information regarding medication use, medication allergies & sensitivities; documents the information in the patient's medical record or pharmacy information system when appropriate; advises patients of directions for use, medication storage requirements, importance of compliance, precautions & warnings for medication therapy; advises the patients on the use of related devices & the coordination of medication therapy w/ diet, according to established policies & procedures
- Substitutes for pharmacy personnel as necessary
- Evaluates & resolves, according to established policies & procedures, potential medication therapy problems identifies through any & all available sources, including the patient & pharmacy information system
- Confers w/ medical personnel concerning pharmaceutical care & treatment of patients, related clinical diagnosis, drug combinations & dosage forms, & other factors that might influence the course of treatment & the activity of medications; suggests changes in medication therapy &/or use as appropriate to assure optimum therapeutic results & cost effective prescribing
- Participates in assigned education & training programs; conducts educational programs for pharmacy, other medical personnel & patients
- Participates in quality management programs
- Evaluates an manages the medication therapy of hospitalized or ambulatory patients as assigned to assure optimum therapeutic results & cost effective prescribing
- Makes recommendations to management regarding systems or operational improvements to enhance services provided by the department
- Checks equipment used to prepare & dispense medications for proper functioning; reports deficiencies to appropriate personnel
- Maintains work area & equipment in an organized & clean condition; maintains a safe, secure & efficient work environment
- Answers & makes telephone calls, consistent w/ assigned duties in accordance w/ telephone access standards
- Exemplifies pharmacy's mission & the organizations vision by contributing to the health & satisfaction of members by providing appropriate medications, information & professional services in a helpful, caring, courteous, & efficient manner
- Performs other duties as required
- Note: Specific duties may vary depending on pharmacy location
- Must be licensed as an Intern Pharmacist by the State of California
- Excellent verbal & written English-speaking communication skills
- Knowledge of Federal & State laws, regulations & standards regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services
- Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or other sources & relate it to the patient's medical management plan
- Ability to learn & operate pharmacy computer systems & other equipment
- Ability to either type medication labels or type/possess keyboard skill 30 WPM
- Requires standing for long periods of time, read fine print, communicate w/ co-workers & patients, lift/transport 1-50lbs, light to moderate carrying, pulling, pushing, walking, frequent bending, stooping & reaching
- PR# JR-1900
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.