Sales/Account Management Support Specialist IISanta Fe Springs, CA
Our sales and account management team drives our mission of providing high-quality, affordable health care services to improve the lives of our members and communities. Working for an industry leader in health care, you’ll be provided with the tools to help you grow in your career and make a difference with the work you do each day. We’re pioneering preventive medicine, conducting comprehensive research, and advancing integrated care, and our sales and account management team forges our story and connects us to those we serve.
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our sales and account management team.
- Mission Driven
What Our People Say
District Sales Manager
“I started with Kaiser Permanente more than 18 years ago with one thought in mind: I wanted a career, and thankfully I found exactly what I was looking for and more. I enjoy working for Kaiser Permanente because my contributions to the organization are recognized; I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I believe the work I do each day does make a difference in the lives of our members and communities. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to their employees is astounding!”
Senior Account Manager
“Kaiser Permanente is a welcoming and collaborative environment. The organization does a great job of showing how much the staff is valued, which is evident in their focus on equity and inclusion and work-life balance. I am proud to work for an organization that ensures I have the support and tools I need to be successful in my role, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth. I feel valued as an employee of Kaiser Permanente.”
“At Kaiser Permanente I am continually growing and learning, there’s always enough variety to keep me engaged and enough repetition to ensure I’m knowledgeable in all areas should a question or challenge arise. I love being in a position where I can impact professional lives, build a sales culture, and interact with the marketplace on a regular basis. I believe the Kaiser Permanente genuinely wants me to succeed and they always provide the support needed to ensure that success.”
Associate Account Manager II
“In my current role I am constantly collaborating with my managers, the account managers they support, and ultimately the members we serve. I am frequently challenged with new opportunities and projects, which has allowed me to grow into being a valued partner with ideas that are respected and implemented. Being part of Kaiser Permanente feels like being part of a family. I have colleagues that foster my growth, invest in my development, and care about me both personally and professionally.”
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
More About Kaiser Permanente
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
We work as one — to the power of 276,000. Every single member of our team is essential to our success. Together, we help deliver a healthier tomorrow while focusing on the wellness of our patients and our communities.
Diversity & Inclusion
We value the collaboration among our teams and our communities. These connections make us stronger, and we cherish the differences that make us richer.
- We feature a collaborative approach to work that includes supporting and driving each other to greater success.
- Here, you’ll find opportunities for networking, mentoring, skill building, and leadership training.
- Our teams are a richly diverse and tight-knit community that offers opportunities for outreach, healthy lifestyles, and more.
- Everyone has access to tools and training opportunities that allow you to grow in your career and build relationships.
Sales/Account Management Support Specialist II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Sales/Account Management Support Specialist is responsible for performing all administrative duties that support the sales or marketing teams, as specified by the departments standard office routine, practices, procedures and instructions. The Sales Coordinator is accountable for providing administrative and sales support to the Sales Associates and Sales Executives to ensure maximum support to brokers and new employer groups. The Medicare Sales Coordinator is accountable for supporting the Sales Executive/Brokers in achieving business targets in an assigned territory. Reviews and processes all incoming leads, manages the appointment setting process, and assists the Sales Manager/Sales Executive with pre/post-sales support. Provide high quality customer experience to prospective customers/employers or other channel partners.
- Provide clerical support for the sales and account management team.
- Respond to incoming phone calls and e-mail inquiries from various channels; screen and route calls appropriately; provide inquiry resolution.
- Schedule meetings and maintain calendars as requested. Arrange conference rooms, conference calls and other meeting events.
- Distribute meeting agendas and materials in advance of meeting.
- Coordinate most administrative and logistical arrangements for team.
- Review and distribute department mail.
- Independently handle travel arrangements.
- Arrange for audio-visual and teleconference equipment.
- Track and compile expense receipts and prepare monthly expense reports.
- Order office supplies, process purchase orders and invoice requests.
- Photocopy, fax and file.
- Typically prepares and formats multiple interoffice communications, e-mail, letters, reports, and confidential documents.
- Screen e-mail and prepare appropriate basic correspondence on behalf of account managers and sales executives. Drafts standard/ recurring correspondence for account manager and sales executive approval.
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas.
- Typically maintains databases, information systems and process requirements for the sales and account management team. Establish and maintain databases specific to the sales and account management team.
- Complete data entry; format and produce standard reports.
- Perform system activities in relation to packet orders, contract changes, and other activities not supported by the customer account team (CAT).
- Track, monitor and reconcile data, collaborating with other dept staff.
- Follow-up on action items to meet deadlines.
- Typically serves as sales and account management liaison between the customer account team (CAT) and other internal departments and/or brokers.
- Meet regularly with team to discuss and keep manager apprised of important issues and dept matters.
- Effectively communicate to all levels of management, peers, and purchasers.
- Communicate critical issues between customer account team and sales and account management team.
- Assess urgency of situation and determine and executive appropriate course of action.
- Work with internal KP departments to achieve a high level of purchaser satisfaction.
- May coordinate and facilitate new member orientation.
- If Medicare: Assist Sales Executive and brokers/customers with pre/post sales support and account implementation. Demonstrate adequate product, service and rating knowledge to effectively respond to broker/client issues. Reviews lead demographic data to ensure completeness and lead is qualified to enroll based upon Medicare eligibility, residence, and enrollment period.
- Associates degree OR two (2) years of experience in telemarketing, customer service in an office setting, claims, or marketing.
- Minimum three (3) years of administrative experience.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in sales and marketing or the healthcare industry.
- Previous experience with business systems.
- Working knowledge of and experience with employee group benefits, underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.