Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
MRI Technologist II - On CallLocation: Santa Rosa, CA Additional Locations:
Santa Rosa Medical Offices 5 3975 Old Redwood Hwy., 3975 Old Redwood Hwy., Santa Rosa,California, 95403 Job Number: 841931 Date posted: 11/26/2019
- Performs patient studies according to set protocol including placing specified coil close to area of interest.
- Operates imaging and other equipment devices so that quality diagnostic services are provided, including keying commands to specify scan sequences into computer, adjusting transmitters and receivers, and keying in data on keyboard of camera to photograph images.
- Interviews patient to explain magnetic resonance imaging procedures to address patient concerns and exhibits a high degree of tact, courtesy and poise when interacting with patients, staff, and visitors.
- Ensures patient and staff safety, including explaining safety protocol, requesting removal of hazardous metal objects, alerting staff of danger or carrying metal around magnet, and monitoring patients via closed circuit TV.
- Orients new hires and trains MRI Technologist, students, trainees.
- Trains MRI Technologists I in MRI procedures.
- May be required to direct, check and train other MRI employees in absence of MRI Supervising Technologist.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Have two (2) years of Regular (twenty (20) hours or more per week) continuous recent experience as a MRI Technologist and be fully proficient in all the duties required of a MRI Technologist II to the satisfaction of the department manager.
- High School Diploma/GED.
License, Certification, Registration
- California Venipuncture Certificate (must be obtained with 6 months of hire).
- CRT - California Radiologic Technologist License.
- BLS required.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in teaching other Technologists.
- May be required to direct, check and train other MRI employee.
- Must be fully proficient in MRI to the full satisfaction of the department manager and have knowledge of the required protocols in performing complex MRI procedures.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- ARRT certification preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.