Operating Room Equipment Technician
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
• Reviews operating room schedule in advance to avoid equipment conflicts.
• Sets up and checks equipment for cleanliness and functionality prior to use.
• Dons personal protective equipment when necessary.
• Tests equipment prior to return to location of origin.
• Notify Bio Medical Engineering and Manager in a timely manner when repair is needed.
• Coordinate instrumentation and equipment reports with appropriate services or company representatives.
• Educate staff on equipment use.
• Work with management staff and service leads in ordering equipment and instruments.
• Problem solves equipment issues in collaboration with manager and Bio Medical Engineering.
• Perform other related duties as necessary.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.